Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
Acknowledging that rushing a vaccine for a virus type that has never had an effective or safe vaccine before. https://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavirus-vaccine-hunt-could-go-horribly-wrong

But apparently it wouldn't be that dangerous to rush out a bad vaccine if there weren't all those evil anti-vaccine people just waiting to point out that the vaccine a) didn't work or b) was killing people or c) didn't work AND killed people. Otherwise no one would notice.

Now, who is delusional?>:D

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
What do you suggest?
I have no issues with them working on a vaccine - but I would hope that they are working on treatments as well.

It takes a while to produce and adequately test a vaccine. As vaccines are prophylactic and used on a mass scale, testing must be very rigorous. I cannot see a vaccine being available for 12-18 months, and any roll out of any earlier vaccine is going to cause concern.

Treatment, OTOH, if it is used on the very sick or possibly dying people does not need to have the same rigorous testing. Many drugs might have already undergone testing, if they are simply being used off label. Treatment will help people now, and is not turning healthy people into guinea pigs (and any new vaccine does use the population as guinea pigs).

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you suggest?
Like i said elsewhere -

they need to study this molecule more closely and identify the mutations before ANY vaccine is going into trials

Focusing on staying healthy should be top priority too - via common sense tactics -- enough sleep, eating right, any kinds of supplements that might help fend off viruses, etc,etc....

We NEED to study other alternatives besides JUST a vaccine being the answer to all of this.

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
Another important point. There are a number of commonly used drugs that will increase someone's risk of getting ill. https://rxisk.org/medications-compromising-covid-infections/

In the present situation of pandemia by SARS-CoV-2, it is imperative to avoid pneumonia or pneumonitis and related risk factors as much as possible. The consumption of various commonly used medicines increases the risk of and complications from pneumonia.
Medicines can increase the risk of pneumonia or pneumonitis by depressing immunity and other protective mechanisms (e.g., immunosuppressive agents, antipsychotic agents, some opioid analgesics, proton pump inhibitors), by causing sedation, which may increase the risk of aspiration, by depressing pulmonary ventilation and favouring the occurrence of atelectasis (e.g., opioid analgesics, anticholinergic drugs, psychotropic agents), or by a combination of these mechanisms.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
This is an interesting article regarding breast feeding: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...lps-prevent-viral-infection-months-birth.html

Someone made the following comment:
This is why they always do their studies on safety of vaccination on breastfed babies in developing countries.

Then use them on babies in "developed" countries whose guts have almost all been shredded by formula (yes, it makes little holes in the gut because nothing but breastmilk should be fed until around 6 months when the body produces a substance that protects the gut from food that isn't infant formula) and surprise surprise, the vaccine leaks through the gut into the body, injuring the baby.

You won't find the studies that showed the vaccines to be unsafe because they have never been published by the researchers as the funders won't allow it.
Another said:
So, in the present virus crisis perhaps the health professionals could stop completely b-----ing up breastfeeding. Let baby go to the breast before the placenta is delivered, leave cord until it stops pulsating before cutting, let baby feed from either breast whenever it wants, sleep in same room as baby, let baby feed when it is sleepy, don't use dummies, don't take baby to the nursery, and other such hippy nonsense. Formula feeding is and always has killed mothers and babies through infections. breast cancers etc etc. Time for the doctors, midwives and nurses to stop ruining breastfeeding and start getting an education that includes how it works.

·
Registered
24,467 Posts
Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
After fast-tracking and not doing the animal trials. Very scientific.

My translation: potentially dangerous, potentially profitable if they can hide the problems.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A friend of mine signed up for the trial starting in Atlanta via the CDC - hope she survives ..she's 50+ and heavy smoker

( one type of person who condemns those who eat meat, yet will inject herself with animal derived/cultured vaccines, and push them, too)

·
Registered
24,467 Posts
Elisa Granato, the first volunteer who availed herself in Oxford for a jab in the first Europe human trial of a vaccine to protect against the coronavirus pandemic has died.

https://n5ti.com/stories/1275/ <-- bad report.

I just read that she is alive. I am glad that she is alive, but I am sorry to alarm anyone. I should have waited for a verifying, confirmed report.

Reactions: Tweety_Bird

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Wow! This is towards the end of the article: :dizzy
“The four in critical conditions will be fine and these are expected reactions from the vaccines, hence a trial.” the researchers revealed and added that these observations would help improve on the vaccine before it becomes available for use by the public.

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
Oh my! /forum/images/MotheringForum/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

Elisa Granato, the first volunteer who availed herself in Oxford for a jab in the first Europe human trial of a vaccine to protect against the coronavirus pandemic has died.
She died two days after the vaccine was administered, authorities have said and added that an investigation into the cause of the death has been initiated.

A statement by the researchers said Elisa had complications few hours after taking the vaccine and died while on admission.
https://n5ti.com/stories/1275/
not sure about accuracy of this story. Waiting for confirmation from a second source.

·
Registered
24,467 Posts
a reminder from someone who had problems with the HPV vaccine.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the friend who posted she's going to be a human guinea pig for the vax says

There is no “herd immunity” without a vaccine, period.
Guess she didn't get the memo about the people who don't develop any immunity when receiving vaccines.

that was her reply to this someone posted

1 - 20 of 241 Posts