Mothering Forum banner
561 - 580 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
If they are lying about one risk, why does the author of this article assume they are being truthful about other risks? The CDC Owes Parents Better Messaging on the Vaccine for Kids
Methinks the author is quite critical considering the regular yeah it’s the best vaccine ever rhetoric on CNN / NYT (those spew out the most inflammatory news pieces sans any semblance of skeptical thinking). I’m surprised this hasn’t been retracted yet. A journalist who’s actually looking at statistics!

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
Methinks the author is quite critical considering the regular yeah it’s the best vaccine ever rhetoric on CNN / NYT (those spew out the most inflammatory news pieces sans any semblance of skeptical thinking). I’m surprised this hasn’t been retracted yet. A journalist who’s actually looking at statistics!
Yeah. He really stuck his neck out and will probably be fired, censored and have his career destroyed.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
431 Posts
Does someone speak Hebrew to see what the health dashboard in Israel reports to confirm the graphs and data in the post below?
undefined - bad cattitude
I don't speak/read Hebrew, but there is a link to an Israel National News article that gives the statistics. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762
Nearly 40% of New COVID Patients Were Vaccinated - Compared to Just 1% Who Had Been Infected Previously
With a total of 835,792 Israelis known to have recovered from the virus, the 72 instances of reinfection amount to 0.0086% of people who were already infected with COVID.
By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
It has now graduated to this...the article breaks it down for the IQ compromised.
What vaccinated people should know about Covid-19 exposure, tests and more

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
Of course, blame the unvaccinated

Covid-19 breakthrough infections are preventable, but it's going to take a big effort to stop them

"We don't know how many mild or asymtomatic breakthrough Covid-19 infections there are in the US. The CDC stopped counting in May."

How nice of our disease control center decided to shirk its duty

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·

Patient case strongly suggests link between COVID-19 vaccine and Bell's palsy
"The case of a patient who experienced two facial palsies—one after the first and another after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine—strongly suggests that Bell's palsy (facial nerve palsy of unknown cause) is linked to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, doctors write in the journal BMJ Case Reports."

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #570 ·
College student denied admission to dream school despite vaccine exemption for medical history

"Because BYU Hawaii didn’t let us know that this would be mandated until the middle of June, all those scholarships are gone," she said. "I really don’t know where I’m going to turn or what my next steps are."

That is fu**ed up.....SMH

however i am sure the professors who catch covid won't be fired, students who acquire covid won't be sent home, either....just discrimination for those who cannot take THE ALMIGHTY VACCINE

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did you see the news piece about a doctor in Alabama supposedly admitting many, many young and healthy patients who are dying begging for a vaccine? Where are the corresponding statistics from Alabama?

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
Did you see the news piece about a doctor in Alabama supposedly admitting many, many young and healthy patients who are dying begging for a vaccine? Where are the corresponding statistics from Alabama?
Yes, I saw that. Haven't seen anyone looking for the stats. Interesting that doctors are apparently still intubating and venting patients with covid.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, I saw that. Haven't seen anyone looking for the stats. Interesting that doctors are apparently still intubating and venting patients with covid.
It was a Facebook post. So… not actually like scientific in any way but all the media outlets gobbled it up. Which in terms of journalism is a huge Fauxpas but I guess nobody cares?!

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
It was a Facebook post. So… not actually like scientific in any way but all the media outlets gobbled it up. Which in terms of journalism is a huge Fauxpas but I guess nobody cares?!
That is what passes for journalism these days. Did they even contact the person to see if they actually are a doctor, work in a hospital, treat covid patients, intubate?

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is what passes for journalism these days. Did they even contact the person to see if they actually are a doctor, work in a hospital, treat covid patients, intubate?
Dr. Cobia enjoys being in the spotlight.
COVID-Positive Doc: 'I Didn't Wear a Mask and I Regret It'

This story infuriated me. The reporter didn't bother to gather any actual facts about the doctor or her hospital, but a guy I follow Twitter did. Of course, no one who doesn't already disbelieve this story will see it. It's a long thread, but here's the first post:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also, if this woman really goes into patient rooms thinking, "You did this to yourself," she should not be practicing medicine. Would she think that about an attempted suicide? An HIV patient? Someone who didn't wear a helmet and suffered head trauma from a bicycle accident? The fact that this story was shared all over Twitter (the only social media that I'm on) by people who find this woman laudable says a lot about people's ideas of morals and ethics, and it's not very pretty.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also, if this woman really goes into patient rooms thinking, "You did this to yourself," she should not be practicing medicine. Would she think that about an attempted suicide? An HIV patient? Someone who didn't wear a helmet and suffered head trauma from a bicycle accident? The fact that this story was shared all over Twitter (the only social media that I'm on) by people who find this woman laudable says a lot about people's ideas of morals and ethics, and it's not very pretty.
Agreed. I wouldn’t want a thing to do with a medical professional like her. People have lost their moral compass here. Imagine the same doctor would write this about any condition that was induced due to bad diet, obesity or alcoholism - the outrage! Fact is people are free to eat, drink, exercise or not, and choose or reject any shots or drugs. Doctors aren’t there to judge, but to help (what was that again about the Oath???!!). People disappoint me.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
yet that is EXACTLY the attitude my sister, who works in healthcare, has -- ''you did it to yourself''....she has the nerve to say that about most of her intubated long term patients, too....ones who have had nothing to do with covid. ....smh.....i would NEVER want her as an attending medical person on me as a patient. Sad thing to say about your own sister, but it's true. Once, i tripped and fell on the ground in front of her a couple years ago, and her comment was -- ''what are you doing down there?''...instead of ''are you okay?''...my other sister had to help me get up off the ground.
I guess I 'did it to myself'...lolololol...i enjoy falling and getting hurt....smh

·
Registered
207 Posts
yet that is EXACTLY the attitude my sister, who works in healthcare, has -- ''you did it to yourself''....she has the nerve to say that about most of her intubated long term patients, too....ones who have had nothing to do with covid. ....smh.....i would NEVER want her as an attending medical person on me as a patient. Sad thing to say about your own sister, but it's true. Once, i tripped and fell on the ground in front of her a couple years ago, and her comment was -- ''what are you doing down there?''...instead of ''are you okay?''...my other sister had to help me get up off the ground.
I guess I 'did it to myself'...lolololol...i enjoy falling and getting hurt....smh
I think truth is medical professionals are just humans. They’re portrayed as great helpers but many are just as judgy as anyone else. It’s human nature and surely there should be more sensitivity training. I know great doctors in my family and I also know some that aren’t great. I’ve heard some of them say things like hpv is what nasty promiscuous people get. They wouldn’t say it straight to the patients’ face, but to us as friends and family. So that makes me even more cautious about who I choose as my medical provider. I did trust my midwives 100% I must say. I still use them for my primary care whenever needed which is rare. At this point I learned to shun routine medical visits (I order my labs myself online to see if I’m ok - think CBC, lipid profile; vitamin d and thyroids). No need to go in begging for a D test (not easy to get), saying no to annual paps (that’s not even guidance!), and no to mammograms. Why would I go to a doctor that is judgy and only peddles things I don’t want?!!! Sorry just my overall disappointment with the medical industry being one size fits all and no semblance of individual needs.

561 - 580 of 639 Posts