Mothering Forum banner
581 - 600 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #581 ·
I think truth is medical professionals are just humans. They’re portrayed as great helpers but many are just as judgy as anyone else. It’s human nature and surely there should be more sensitivity training. I know great doctors in my family and I also know some that aren’t great. I’ve heard some of them say things like hpv is what nasty promiscuous people get. They wouldn’t say it straight to the patients’ face, but to us as friends and family. So that makes me even more cautious about who I choose as my medical provider. I did trust my midwives 100% I must say. I still use them for my primary care whenever needed which is rare. At this point I learned to shun routine medical visits (I order my labs myself online to see if I’m ok - think CBC, lipid profile; vitamin d and thyroids). No need to go in begging for a D test (not easy to get), saying no to annual paps (that’s not even guidance!), and no to mammograms. Why would I go to a doctor that is judgy and only peddles things I don’t want?!!! Sorry just my overall disappointment with the medical industry being one size fits all and no semblance of individual needs.
Individual needs be damned when there's a goal to meet for someone else of higher value, like the pharma rep and kickbacks

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
''medical industry being one size fits all and no semblance of individual needs.''

exactly.....a new dr i saw didn't 'like' that i go to PP (planned parenthood)....he wanted me to go to his clinic instead....no thanks...didn't listen when I told him I am not interested, as I have had good experiences with PP and not so good with private OB/GYN offices. I will say I have ALWAYS been treated with respect at PP....not so at other OB/GYN offices.

·
Registered
207 Posts
''medical industry being one size fits all and no semblance of individual needs.''

exactly.....a new dr i saw didn't 'like' that i go to PP (planned parenthood)....he wanted me to go to his clinic instead....no thanks...didn't listen when I told him I am not interested, as I have had good experiences with PP and not so good with private OB/GYN offices. I will say I have ALWAYS been treated with respect at PP....not so at other OB/GYN offices.
Because he/she didn’t make money off of you 😂. I’ve had a handful of great obgyns, but also have met horrendous ones who were hands down the worst doctors I’ve met in my life.

·
Registered
431 Posts
New narrative starting to develop on boosters/effectiveness of vaccine? It's interesting that an independent study is reporting less robust immunity than the studies by the vaccine manufacturers. There will be significant resistance to this line of inquiry in the US, I think. If the vaccine is less effective than advertised, it muddies the waters, and the trenches have already been dug.

UK Scientists Back Covid Boosters as Study Finds Post-Jab Falls in Antibodies
Scientists have backed proposals for Covid boosters in the autumn after blood tests on hundreds of people revealed that protective antibodies can wane substantially within weeks of second vaccine shots being given.
The UCL Virus Watch study found that antibodies generated by two doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines started to wane as early as six weeks after the second shot, in some cases falling more than 50% over 10 weeks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
From the article (Oxford vaccinologist):
“A decline in antibodies in the blood following immunisation is to be expected, and does not necessarily correspond to an increase risk of disease. Protection against infection could well be down to whether or not there are antibodies in the respiratory lining, and protection against progression to severe disease following infection may be provided by T cells.
“However, it’s clear that ongoing protection from vaccines for months to years after immunisation can’t be assumed, hence the importance of ongoing vigilance for any increase in breakthrough infections.”
A) ok we now acknowledge boosters eventually are needed.
b) we acknowledge titers aren’t terribly useful. T cell tests are.
c) natural immunity post infection…
D) antibodies needs in respiratory lining. Methinks vaccines don’t provide that, at least I haven’t read it in any of Pfizer / Moderna / etc ‘studies’. Something like an attenuated vaccine mist ala flu mist could offer that.
I think the way it goes down in the USA is that a Pfizer booster will be approved for the vulnerable folks in august. Then for everyone by October due to rising cases. The tag line it’s the best and only protection we have will be used.

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
From the article (Oxford vaccinologist):
“A decline in antibodies in the blood following immunisation is to be expected, and does not necessarily correspond to an increase risk of disease. Protection against infection could well be down to whether or not there are antibodies in the respiratory lining, and protection against progression to severe disease following infection may be provided by T cells.
“However, it’s clear that ongoing protection from vaccines for months to years after immunisation can’t be assumed, hence the importance of ongoing vigilance for any increase in breakthrough infections.”
A) ok we now acknowledge boosters eventually are needed.
b) we acknowledge titers aren’t terribly useful. T cell tests are.
c) natural immunity post infection…
D) antibodies needs in respiratory lining. Methinks vaccines don’t provide that, at least I haven’t read it in any of Pfizer / Moderna / etc ‘studies’. Something like an attenuated vaccine mist ala flu mist could offer that.
I think the way it goes down in the USA is that a Pfizer booster will be approved for the vulnerable folks in august. Then for everyone by October due to rising cases. The tag line it’s the best and only protection we have will be used.
Sounds about right. So depressing.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #587 ·
He sounds more like he doesn't know what to think and he truly couldn't say what he really thought on the air. For all he knew, his kid caught it from another kid, so again, to blame nonvaccinated is just a blame game.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #590 ·
still trying to blame trump
''Pro-Trump America has decided that vaccine refusal is a statement of identity and a test of loyalty.''

"The Biden administration could require proof of vaccination to fly or to travel by interstate train or bus. It could mandate that federal contractors demonstrate that their workforces are vaccinated. It could condition federal student loans on proof of vaccination."

now the labels are coming

'' But there’s no getting around the truth that some considerable number of the unvaccinated are also behaving willfully and spitefully. ''

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
I like this one at the end at the above article.....SMH

''In the end, the unvaccinated person himself or herself has decided to inflict a preventable and unjustifiable harm upon family, friends, neighbors, community, country, and planet.''

So, damn the Amish or any other religious person who does not agree? what unjustifiable harm are the Amish doing to their friends, neighbors and community?? Must not be too damaging, because there's no alarming headlines vilifying them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They’re getting desperate. Instead of approving traditional vaccines many people are more inclined to get, acknowledging that natural immunity exists (a T cell test has been approved), and that herd immunity based on current vaccines is impossible (see Israel as real life example), the narrative is that all people including six months and older will get the shot by all force available, now not even forced vaccination is off the table until every single American has been injected with mRNA. It’s so Orwellian I can’t even start. It’s not science to ignore side effects or simple statistics that show kids should not be vaccinated. It’s sinister politics that claims it stands with science just like the inquisitors claimed to be godly.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
''It’s not science to ignore side effects''

my neighbor who lost her sense of smell after receiving the covid vaccine, does not consider it a 'major side effect'...she refuses to report it, because, she insisted, after all - the covids could have 'killed her' so loss of smell is the price she will gladly pay ... people's common sense and reasoning has either been nonexistent or they've lost their minds listening to the hype

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·

Why the hell not???? oh yeah...blind faith is what people are running on....

·
Registered
207 Posts

Why the hell not???? oh yeah...blind faith is what people are running on....
One must wonder… what’s the deal with ignoring natural immunity? Real life data from Israel shows it’s working.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·
One must wonder… what’s the deal with ignoring natural immunity? Real life data from Israel shows it’s working.
gotta make pharma money - that's the bottom line - the almighty dollar...
natural immunity???? How dare any news outlet speak of such - it doesn't push the vaccine agenda in the USA

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #597 ·

''we should expect a higher amount of breakthrough cases as the delta variant spreads and as more people get vaccinated (since the vaccinated people would be the only ones getting COVID-19 in a theoretical society where most of the population is vaccinated).''

isn't that nice........

·
Registered
207 Posts

''we should expect a higher amount of breakthrough cases as the delta variant spreads and as more people get vaccinated (since the vaccinated people would be the only ones getting COVID-19 in a theoretical society where most of the population is vaccinated).''

isn't that nice........
How are people not questioning this? The reported efficacy of 39% against delta in Israel is below the 50% WHO threshold. 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
75 Posts
How are people not questioning this? The reported efficacy of 39% against delta in Israel is below the 50% WHO threshold. 🤦‍♀️
It's not about protecting yourself or others but about "doing the right thing" to show that you are a good compliant citizen who is concerned about "public health" (whatever that means at this point). I think another component is that the media is doing a good job of painting cases in vaccinated people as "expected" and "outliers" and also hammering on the "rising cases and hospitalizations among the unvaccinated" -- basically keeping people in a state of fear and anxiety and serving up an easy scapegoat for these feelings ("the unvaccinated"). Most people do not bother to look behind the headlines at the data that is easily available. It is shocking to me that the past year and a half hasn't taught people not to take newspaper articles at face value.

These two sites are easy references for finding the real stats on hospital utilization, for anyone who is interested.
HHS Public Data Hub
COVD-19 Hospital Capacity (a lot of newspapers use this interface that pulls data from HHS -- this one is on the Memphis Commercial Appeal site)

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #600 ·
It is shocking to me that the past year and a half hasn't taught people not to take newspaper articles at face value.

Why would it? They always took them at face value before -- during a pandemic is even more of a reason to keep your face buried in the news, apparently. Been watching family and friends fall deeper down the hole of fear than ever, and it's truly disheartening to see so many have so little critical thinking skills.

581 - 600 of 639 Posts