Mothering Forum banner
601 - 620 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is shocking to me that the past year and a half hasn't taught people not to take newspaper articles at face value.

Why would it? They always took them at face value before -- during a pandemic is even more of a reason to keep your face buried in the news, apparently. Been watching family and friends fall deeper down the hole of fear than ever, and it's truly disheartening to see so many have so little critical thinking skills.
Well, what tipped me off is that people weren't dropping dead in the streets, which is what I would have expected based on the level of hysteria in the news from early on. I would have thought that others would notice the disconnect between their own experience and what was being reported, or at least the way it was being reported. There are lots of people like me who don't know anyone who has died from or even been severely affected by COVID. Obviously there are lots of people on the other side of that, too, but just based on statistics, I'm guessing there are (numerically) more people who have not personally been affected, even at second or third hand. But you're right, what's happened instead of people waking up is that they are constructing their whole perception of reality based on news reports rather than the evidence of their own eyes. It is indeed disheartening to see so many intelligent people who are unable or unwilling to apply their critical thinking skills to what's going on around them.

This quote from 1984 has been perpetually on my mind:
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
It is shocking to me that the past year and a half hasn't taught people not to take newspaper articles at face value.

Why would it? They always took them at face value before -- during a pandemic is even more of a reason to keep your face buried in the news, apparently. Been watching family and friends fall deeper down the hole of fear than ever, and it's truly disheartening to see so many have so little critical thinking skills.
Person with critical thinking skills has been transformed into "conspiracy theory sucker" unfortunately.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know. It disheartens me how much hatred and vitriol is utilized towards skeptics and people with questions. The amount of negative, dangerous voices is scary! It makes me doubt the human race. I always thought most people are kind and good in their hearts but now I must attest that nearly half of society happily witch hunts ‘anti science non vaxxers’, with plenty death wishes upon the group. I’m shocked it’s that many people who have no qualms writing about their hatred openly. Even coworkers on social media. I would wonder if one honestly cares about the safety and health of people why the hatred and death wishes? Wouldn’t you want to save everyone?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
I know. It disheartens me how much hatred and vitriol is utilized towards skeptics and people with questions. The amount of negative, dangerous voices is scary! It makes me doubt the human race. I always thought most people are kind and good in their hearts but now I must attest that nearly half of society happily witch hunts ‘anti science non vaxxers’, with plenty death wishes upon the group. I’m shocked it’s that many people who have no qualms writing about their hatred openly. Even coworkers on social media. I would wonder if one honestly cares about the safety and health of people why the hatred and death wishes? Wouldn’t you want to save everyone?
Also the attitude of ''they did it to themselves''.....meaning if someone contracts covid, they 'asked' for it, since they didn't get vaccinated.

If someone does contract covid despite being vaccinated, a pat on the back for doing the right thing for society.

I suppose the person who couldn't afford therapy and committed suicide 'asked for it', since they 'did it to themselves, too'' -- the obese person who keeps overeating and dies of a heart attack 'did it to themselves' by not eating properly -- where's the public chastising of complete strangers on tv/internet over that? They chastise others for not vaccinating - a personal decision for ones self, - but being a burden on healthcare with endless meds/drs/treatments due to being deliberately obese from lack of self control is fine and dandy, too. LOTS more money in that anyways, than catching covid and surviving.

Can you imagine the outrage if the medical community required staff to be within a certain weight? (Being told - You're overweight and too much of a risk for that desk job which require nothing of you than pushing papers - why did you to that to yourself?)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Was this really covid, or as a result of the clot shots?Woman has legs AMPUTATED after getting COVID days after vaccination
  • Jummai Nache, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, received the second dose of her COVID-19 vaccine on February 1
  • Days later, she felt chest pains and was rushed to the hospital, where she tested positive for the virus
  • Doctors diagnosed her with arterial blood clots multiple inflammatory syndrome (MIS), a condition where multiple organs in the body become inflamed.
  • Jummai's health rapidly deteriorated and she had to have her legs amputated
  • Medical experts are unsure whether the vaccine caused her complications...

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
Was this really covid, or as a result of the clot shots?Woman has legs AMPUTATED after getting COVID days after vaccination
excuses used by nonbelievers that this CAN happen

*she had an underlying condition
*she was already sick
*well, she won't get covid again
  • she should have gotten vaccinated sooner
  • the hospital made an error somewhere

Gee, how about some empathy and sympathy for an outcome she didn't expect nor want and acknowledging such a thing might happen to someone?? I guess that is a bygone era....funny how people will still acknowledge an antibiotic allergy but vaccines are now a special class that deserves shaming someone for being allergic to ingredients.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 ·

''California will also be requiring health care settings to verify that workers are fully vaccinated or tested regularly. Unvaccinated workers will be subject to at least weekly COVID-19 testing and will be required to wear appropriate PPE. This requirement also applies to high-risk congregate settings like adult and senior residential facilities, homeless shelters and jails. These steps will help protect vulnerable patients and residents.''

·
Registered
207 Posts

''California will also be requiring health care settings to verify that workers are fully vaccinated or tested regularly. Unvaccinated workers will be subject to at least weekly COVID-19 testing and will be required to wear appropriate PPE. This requirement also applies to high-risk congregate settings like adult and senior residential facilities, homeless shelters and jails. These steps will help protect vulnerable patients and residents.''
California 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks like the CDC is finally admitting that vaccinated people can spread the virus, too - even if they are asymptomatic. Of course that's just logic, right? I'm not sure why they even tried to obfuscate. It's also logical to assume that the virus can mutate if it spreads among vaccinated individuals, and that evolutionary pressure could push those mutations in directions that evade vaccine protection.

New US Mask Guidance Prompted by Evidence Vaccinated Can Spread Delta
Rochelle Walensky said “new science” observed in recent days demonstrated that new variants of the coronavirus were transmissible by people who have been fully vaccinated...
...with the Delta variant we now see in our outbreak investigations that have been occurring over the last couple of weeks that if you happen to have one of those breakthrough infections that you can actually now pass it to somebody else," Walensky told CNN.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #613 ·
Looks like the CDC is finally admitting that vaccinated people can spread the virus, too - even if they are asymptomatic. Of course that's just logic, right? I'm not sure why they even tried to obfuscate. It's also logical to assume that the virus can mutate if it spreads among vaccinated individuals, and that evolutionary pressure could push those mutations in directions that evade vaccine protection.

New US Mask Guidance Prompted by Evidence Vaccinated Can Spread Delta

i think a few pages back, we predicted this would happen

·
Registered
207 Posts
i think a few pages back, we predicted this would happen
Lol yes we did. It was plausibel and logical. We knew it and so did the cdc and everyone involved. They now say it’s new science. It’s not. They just decided to not communicate this as people wouldn’t have lines up for a vaccine that won’t stop transmission, disease and the dreaded asymptotic transmission….
if everyone was honest, transparent and had the best outcome at heart the emergency approvals would be rescinded and the Pharma companies sent to develop a vaccine that actually works….. instead of peddling a mediocre product with an abysmal adverse reaction profile. But the narrative is so far down the drain they can’t do this now as they’d have to admit to failure. And we cant allow that.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know nurses are quitting in droves all over the country over lack of choice on the vaccine...how many other businesses will suffer loss of employees?
Funny this ONLY applies to the covid vaccine in many places.....SMH

Corporate America to workers: Get vaccinated or get out
CNN Profiles - Christine Romans - Chief Business Correspondent - CNN
While there are healthcare systems and governmental entities doing this, many companies are not. Yes google and Facebook will apparently. But my company told us they won’t ask our status nor require it. I think an outlet like CNN overblows theses statements to make it sound like everyone does this. It’s like a media bubble that screams really loud but the rest of the country lives on normally….

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #618 ·
While there are healthcare systems and governmental entities doing this, many companies are not. Yes google and Facebook will apparently. But my company told us they won’t ask our status nor require it. I think an outlet like CNN overblows theses statements to make it sound like everyone does this. It’s like a media bubble that screams really loud but the rest of the country lives on normally….

it seems many won't but big tech and a few others will....FB, google, forbes, Netflix, Lyft, morgan stanely, Saks, Wash. Post, Twitter

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
The two locations where I work onsite have never asked if I got it or not. I have no idea if the rest of the staff got the vaccine or not and I haven't asked. One person did tell me she got it, but only, I think, because we had discussed it. Come to think of it another person confirmed having gotten it. Again, because we had discussed it.

Lots of stores ask people to wear masks if they aren't vaxed. I just ignore this idiotic instruction. If I have got an infectious illness, the mask is useless and if I don't have one it is irrelevant.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 ·
'' Dobbs said that about 20% of the state’s COVID-19 fatalities are occurring among fully vaccinated individuals, with the majority of these fatal breakthrough cases occurring in people over 65 with underlying medical issues or who are immunocompromised.
He also noted an uptick in hospitalizations of people under the age of 50.''

601 - 620 of 639 Posts