Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the BantheBag.org and I saw that the hospital in my town has banned the bag.
I had DD2 had the hospital here and I didn't even notice that the bag was "missing". However, different story when I went to the ped. for DD2 check-up. I told the nurse we were having some issues with BF and she told me to hold on, walked out of the room and came back with one of those bags. I just took it and gave her a funny look. She must ahve figured that since I was having some issues I better have a free can as back up. Looks like we may need help with the dxs here.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzmin
I told the nurse we were having some issues with BF and she told me to hold on, walked out of the room and came back with one of those bags.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
have the url handy? i tried the name you have above, as well as .com, and nothign came up.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
i was missing the s in bagS

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmomma2004
WOW- there isn't a single hospital in NC that is bag-free

still none in sc either, i knew there were no hosp that were baby friendly already though...

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
None in Iowa either

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
If you know much about Anaconda, MT - it's dang cool that they're not only bag-free, but also listed as one of the few Baby-Friendly hospitals in the USA. I think that their hospital is the only one in town, too. I wonder what the bf rate is in Anaconda specifically as a result of this change? Hopefully it's a bit higher than the rest of the state, and increasing.

Has anyone worked to get their hospital to become bag-free and/or Baby Friendly (and succeeded)? The Birth classes at our hospital were actually very pro-ncb, pro-bf (brought an LC in to talk about it and probably half the class was bf information, and EVERYONE had to practice bf a dolly, not just those who were "planning" to bf - which I thought was a great normalization of bf exercise) .... From what I hear on other boards and here, our hospital was far more bf-informed and bf-friendly than many hospitals - but we did, of course, get the BAG when we left.

·
Registered
694 Posts
There are alot in Cal., but no local-to-me ones. I delivered over in Redding, though, and I got a bag, but no formula samples, so that's something!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Michigan has none either... although I was happy that the hospital where I had DS, they knew I was BF and did not offer any formula, bags, or pacifiers at all. And their LC's were really helpful. I did not even have to remind them!

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Three hospitals in IN are on the list! Okay, so it's 2 in Indy and then Bloomington, but still, I'm so proud!
about PDX not getting on the list.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Interesting, the hospital Owen was born in is not on the list but I was not offered a bag. In fact, I had access to great Lactation Consultants and a free "Moms Line" for bf help when I got out. I wonder why they're not on the list...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timneh_mom
Michigan has none either... although I was happy that the hospital where I had DS, they knew I was BF and did not offer any formula, bags, or pacifiers at all. And their LC's were really helpful. I did not even have to remind them!
same here! when i had ds#1 the lc wanted me to feed him an ounce of sugar water to hold him over until we got him to latch on right.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts