Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dd gets out of the bath and we get dressed for the day I will be heading to the post office to send out all these beautiful beads!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A last minute package of beads arrived today right before I was going to leave for the post office.

I was able to slide the bead (dark blue) into the envelopes even though they were sealed. Please keep an eye out for this bead as it is loose in the envelope. The rest of the beads are in a zip*loc bag.

The loose bead is from Blissful Maia. Sorry for the inconvienence!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Did those beads seriously only arrive TODAY? They guaranteed me their arrival by Wednesday of last week!?

Well, that is good luck then since my beads almost missed the boat. And I'm really sorry to all the other mamas who waited patiently, I have had a lot going on and kept putting off the beads.

Excited to see everyone elses!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blissful_maia
Did those beads seriously only arrive TODAY? They guaranteed me their arrival by Wednesday of last week!?

Well, that is good luck then since my beads almost missed the boat. And I'm really sorry to all the other mamas who waited patiently, I have had a lot going on and kept putting off the beads.

Excited to see everyone elses!
Yep they arrived today! I was planning on just sending them separately once they got here, but I was worried that they might not get here today. Luckily they did
Also, sorry that I had to announce that yours were late. I wasn't able to label them because I couldn't have slipped them in the already sealed envelopes. I wanted everyone to know who the bead was from though. It's beautiful

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Oh thanks, yeah everyone... the loose bead is mine!
:

It is Lapis Lazuli, and I picked it because

a) I thought it was beautiful

b) It is said to enhance the connection between the physical and celestial, bring about awareness and intuition and is known as the stone of protection. All good things for labour beads! And,

c) In ancient times, it was called sapphire (before today's sapphire was discovered)... and that is September's birthstone!

Again, sorry for the delay!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got my beads today!!!
: These beads are beautiful! I just put DD down for a short nap, so I am reading all about them.

Since I had to buy new beads and ship them when I was on vacation, I didn't get a chace to share why I chose the beads that I chose. They remind me of the moon, full on one side, new on the other, some inbetween because of the variation from bead to bead. The connection between moon cycles and women's cycles seems well established to me, so I thought the "moon" beads represented the connection between us as women and the universe around us.

Thanks to all of you who participated in the bead swap. These will always be special to me. I think that after this little guy is born, I will change them into a nursing necklace for him to play with while he nurses.

Peace
Jen

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Got mine today too! They are so beautiful, thank you all!!! I did get 2 of the beads from Mimi37, so I'll hold onto 1 just in case I got someone elses on accident.

Now I just need to decide what to do with them...hmm. Thanks again for organizing this!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Got my beads today also, they are all gorgeous! I've just started working on turning them into a bracelet. Can't wait to share pictures!

How many beads are we supposed to have total? And did everyone send in beads? I have 16 from 14 mamas, this includes the loose one.

I need to find out who sent the round green one with blue circles on it (forgot to mention that it's broken in two) - Mimi37? There was no name on the paper, and nothing with Mimi37's name in my baggie.

Thank you again Sarah for organizing this.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ish
I need to find out who sent the round green one with blue circles on it - Mimi37? There was no name on the paper, and nothing with Mimi37's name in my baggie.
Maybe I got your bead from Mimi37, because I got 2 from her. Hers were attatched to a paper, although I don't remember what they looked like at the moment. If so I'd be happy to send you one of the ones I got.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The beads are beautiful, everyone!! RSwildflower, I had the same thought about what a great nursing necklace they will make, too, and such a great way to keep those memories around.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everyone should have the same ammount of beads. I'm not sure how many because some sent more than one and I didn't count.

Mimi37's bead was taped to a piece of paper with a note typed on it. I've taken it off the paper now so I don't remember which one it was. I hope I didn't accidentally put two in one bag!!! I'm super sorry if I did. I tried to be very organized about it

Ok I just counted mine and I have 18 including the two that I picked out.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yup, mine were taped to paper and they are small blue apple-seed-like beads -- not the round green ones ish described. Maybe maciascl got ish's!

I'm going to go check my mail now!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.