Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we need a thread about belly buttons. Anyone else's popped out? I have always had an innie, but, as of today it is official: you can see my belly button through my shirts.

It's nice that it's out there though - I've really been able to keep the nooks and crannies cleaned! The skin is so soft and feels so bizarre next to how firm the rest of my belly is.

How are all of your belly buttons doing?

· Registered
4,570 Posts
Mine is an innie and probably won't pop out for another 10 weeks or so. Actually, it doesn't pop out as much as just get flat and even with the rest of my belly.

It is really weird to see your belly button 'inside-out', and it is so so soft!

· Registered
3,356 Posts
Mine has been out for about 6 wks now. It is mostly just out in the middle part w/ a mote around it then my belly. It will all go out eventually.

· Registered
473 Posts
I feel like mine has been popped out forever! The funny part is that my belly is all round on top, and then it slopes down flat into my pubic area.

Sooo... looking down I have this pretty round belly, and then looking in the mirror from the side I look ridiculous -- and my maternity pants all fit funny. :p

Oh yes, my belly button pokes out, but only on top! From the bottom side it's still in!

· Registered
3,198 Posts
I don't think mine will pop, I have a very innie innie and it didn't pop out last time, but it felt really weird just because I actually could feel shirts and stuff touching the parts that are usually inaccessible if the baby kicked. A very weird feeling.

· Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by em123 View Post

It's nice that it's out there though - I've really been able to keep the nooks and crannies cleaned!
I'm so hoping mine will pop soon for that very reason (and because I think it's stinkin' ADORABLE when pregnant ladies have a popped belly button)!

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by arahzel View Post
Oh yes, my belly button pokes out, but only on top! From the bottom side it's still in!
Me too! Just the top, not the bottom. I wonder if the whole thing will eventually work its way out! When I'm laying/sitting it's still an innie, but I stand up and out pops the top!

· Registered
933 Posts
Mine is an innie.. Plus I'm plus sized so that doesn't help me.. Mine never pops out but it almost goes flat right at the end of my pregnancies.

· Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by avivaelona View Post
I don't think mine will pop, I have a very innie innie
:
It is a tiny bit shallower but I'd be very surprised if it actually popped.

· Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by em123 View Post
Me too! Just the top, not the bottom. I wonder if the whole thing will eventually work its way out! When I'm laying/sitting it's still an innie, but I stand up and out pops the top!
You are a pressure cooker!

LMBO!

· Registered
409 Posts
I have a super deep innie - I would describe it as cavernous. I never thought it would pop (it hasn't yet) and told my husband that I would consider it to be an engineering miracle for it to pop... I'm starting to wonder though because at this point the inside is almost flush with my belly - amazing!! I've never really seen the inside of my belly button and it is very strange!! Another change is that it has a kind of hooded appearance at this point as opposed to being a round hole - very odd bellybuttons.

· Registered
67 Posts
Mine is very deep too - I don't notice much of a difference in it all so far, but I hope it does pop eventually!

· Registered
395 Posts
Mine is sort of half in and half out. The top half of it is sort of popped out, the rest is still in there. In certain positions, it can be flush with the rest of my belly. When I'm sitting and I "push" my stomach out, it pops out more.

· Registered
230 Posts
Mine is usually also a deep, narrow tunnel, but it has gotten really shallow and much wider in the last few weeks. It's now a little bowl about an inch across and only about 1/4 inch deep. (I just used a ruler to measure it at my desk, I hope none of my coworkers saw me!
)

I'm not sure if it will actually pop out or if it will just get to flush with the rest of the belly, either way it sure is a strange sight to see! I've never actually been able to see into the bottom of it before, and the skin is so soft.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.