Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I co sleep with my little man, he's 4 months. I don't do anything special with blankets he just goes under mine with me next to me. The past couple of nights though I'll turn over and notice they are over his head a little bit. It kinda freaks me out. He can now roll over from his back to his tummy and sleeps on his side a little. He can also move the blankets and pillow when he's playing and we're both awake, but I don't want the blankets over his head. How can I make co sleeping and sharing a blanket safer for him?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
<p>I usually do not share a blanket that young.  I keep them much higher and give them their own blanket.  That works well also because it keeps them from being in that cold spot where the blanket makes a kind of tent and barely touches them.  Other options are side-carring a crib or using one of those fold-up co-sleeping beds that goes right up next to you, but in the bed.  I've used both of those with good results.</p>

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Side caring isn't an option for use due to space limitations (I also don't even think my crib can do it). If he has his own blanket will that not just cover his face or head at some time as well during the night? He moves around a little now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
<p>When DS was that little I would tuck the blanket snuggly under both of his arms (like with his arms out but around his body) so that the blanket wouldn't go around his face.  He also slept higher up and i would sleep almost face to face with him so that if the blanket was to go around his face it would go around mine as well.  HTH</p>

Reactions: PatioGardener

·
Registered
266 Posts
<p>We used a sleep sack at that age, and only introduced a small blanket very recently (at 24 months). I was always freaked out about the blanket going over her head. Between warm pj's and a sleep sack she was definitely warm enough, and we actually only switched to a blanket because she decided that she wanted one.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts