Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I was noticing that on the sept board that Sept is not even over yet and not all mom's have ahd babies and there are VERY few posts etc.. I *think* a lot of the moms went to another board as soon as their babies arrived...

I say we all make a pact to stay here until each and every Nov baby is here then decide where to go from here (established other board, new private board, whatever..) I just don't want to see it fall apart like Sept esp before everyoen has had babies... anyone else have thoughts on this (I knwo it has been talked about but I don't think we came to a conclusion...) thoughts?? anyone??

Laura

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Well, at least with DS's DDC, it took a couple months for admin to say they were shutting the board down. In fact, I didn't even join MDC until after he was born!! Anyhow, I get the sense that this group is a lot tighter than the other DDC's. I will absolutely hold good on having a private spot (not yahoo) for us

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yep, I agree. As (hopefully) someone who gets to have a baby earlier in November rather than later, I will make an effort to keep reading and posting and congratulating all the new arrivals, no matter how far into December they arrive! I remember with DD how I was due Jan 7th and she arrived Jan 24th and by then most people (different message board) had had their babes and were too busy to post.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
i agree wholeheartedly. maybe this is selfish, but i have a feeling i'll go late (and i'm due 11/20 as is) and i would be so sad to be left here alone without you girls to get me through those last weeks, you know? and i wouldn't want anyone else to feel like that, either.

of course we'll have new babies so naturally the board will slow down, but i definitely think we should at least agree not to make arrangements for any new boards or whatever until all the babies are here.

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
I agree -- I am an early birther -- i will check in on your guys and stick with you.

so where shoudl we all go -- together -- after this? ........ we have to stick together -- i am so attached to you all

Also

Let's agree to all post at least some birth story -- espcailly addressing things we've worred about and fretted about for the 9 months togeher.

Example of the top of my head -- i will want to know how Ginas birth goes, hospital or home ... since we have all helped her think though her options so much. .............. just an example, there are so many others.

We've all talked baout providers, specfic fear and so on so much -- it seems unfair not to get the conclusions ... YK?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm in. Where do I sign in blood?
Seriously, it would be sad for those late in the month to be left with an empty room, so to speak. I can foresee it getting harder to read and post after the babe is born, but I know I'll want to hear about all the other babies being born (and see pictures!).

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want in too, to be honest I am far more social on this board than I am in real life and I really do tend to think of all you guys as friends (I think i have genuine hermit tendencies). I'm also due later but I think I may go early (just for that I'll be 2 weeks late). I want to see how everyone's births turn out and see and hear all about their beautiful babies while I shamelessly gush about mine.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I promise I'll check in as often as the babies (and older kiddos) will let me! I definitely don't want to lose touch with all of you awesome mamas!

And Sarah's DH is supposed to be able to set us up a private site, right? So we can all migrate there when MDC shuts us down.

:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My DD's DDC (
) still has monthly threads in the toddler forum. We moved over to Life With A Babe when the DDC got shut down. I don't post much there anymore but it's still fun to read about everyone's kiddos.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Oh I definitely want to share our stories when babies come!
I am actually worried about having enough computer time after the baby comes because I won't be at work anymore
which is where I usually take a few minutes to check in every day or two.

I can imagine that we'll be busy but I agree that we should stick together so we can hear how it turns out for everyone.
: I couldn't imagine NOT knowing after we've discussed our plans so much here!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Agreed! I am so looking forward to hearing birth stories from everyone in our DDC! I love this group. I'm one of the early due dates but I'll be here (NAK NAK NAK) cheering everyone on!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
We've all talked baout providers, specfic fear and so on so much -- it seems unfair not to get the conclusions ... YK?
Yeah, like reading 3/4s of a book and not getting to finish it!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Even if I go early, I will need something to do while nursing! I have heard of too many women quitting because it's "boring" and "time consuming". Well, I won't be bord because I will be on my DDC!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am sticking around! I feel like you all have guided me through so much being a first timer. I fully expect you all are going to help me through those tough times and joys after the baby is here also!!

I have really enjoyed being part of this DDC and getting to know each of you.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My ds's ddc went from the "I'm pregnant" forum to the "Life with a Babe" forum and then when the kiddos were about 1 we moved to the "Toddlers" board.

We've got a thread every week (Starting on mondays I think) which is nice.

Also, I'll definitely be around here until the last baby is born (and until they close the board) because I'm doing the announcement thread!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by robina_josephine View Post
i agree wholeheartedly. maybe this is selfish, but i have a feeling i'll go late (and i'm due 11/20 as is) and i would be so sad to be left here alone without you girls to get me through those last weeks, you know? and i wouldn't want anyone else to feel like that, either.

of course we'll have new babies so naturally the board will slow down, but i definitely think we should at least agree not to make arrangements for any new boards or whatever until all the babies are here.
I was just thinking the same thing- what if I am all alone here???
I hope everyone is still around, even if only once in a while.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I like the yahoo group though it is quiet I have hope it will pick up. The reason I value it so much is that at the start of the war a bunch of wives from where I was at made a special yahoo group and years after it is still going. So much has changed for us I am only of only 2 wives STILL married! Shocking! It speaks of military life though and though almost all are no longer married to the military, they still understand.

I would love to see how everyone is years from now..... I hope happy!

Blessings,
Kimmy

P.S. I will stay here till we all move some place and have the yahoo group too!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I am sticking around for sure! I am hoping to be in better spirits by the Coras birth....(battling some depressive funk over here) but we definetly gotta stay together and I think everyone should commit to some birth story too! Good idea!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.