Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read the book Gaining. It is a study and story about recovering annorexics and the personality traits that they share. I am still in the middle of reading it but it has been so great. I would love to discuss it with anyone who has read it and would highly recommend it to anyone who has suffered with anorexia or bulimia.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have not read that book, I used to read everything I could get my hands on about anorexia/bulimia. My best friend was anorexic for my whole childhood, I was always looking for ways to "save" her. I never did. One of my favorites was "Wasted". Have you read that? Eating disorders are really a terrible thing- Im sorry if you have suffered.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know, I never did read the book Wasted but I will check it out. I know I have seen it and am not sure why I picked it up. You should definitely look at Gaining. It is really fascinating. Anorexia or bulimia is a tough road but I can't help feeling that it also has made me part of who I am and helps me to understand a lot of issues other people have. Even ones that are not eating related. I am much better now though and am very grateful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts