Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I've found about, hm... a hundred?... threads about this, but I haven't seen one in our DDC yet, so here we go...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had my NT scan yesterday. Everything looked great. I am finally convinced there is really someone growing in there! Yeah! I can stop worrying!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nope.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Because today I have had brown discharge/spotting. It a small amount and only now and then when I wipe. It's also very mucus-y, so it's not flowing. It seems like this is probably nothing, and the <em>most</em> any doctor would do would be an ultrasound (which I assume would require a lot more than a tiny bit of brown spotting, anyway), and I just had one 24 hours ago. I feel pretty confident after seeing things yesterday, but spotting is just an extra little thing I don't want to wonder about. I feel a little crazy, but I find the input of other pregnant mamas really reassuring.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else have this? I'm 11 weeks and the babe is measuring almost 12.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
<p>i have been having spotting on and off since around 4 weeks. and ultrasound was done early on to make sure it was not ectopic and that found a small subchorionic hematoma which from everything i have been able to find out is not that uncommon and usually resolves itself and everything goes normally and the baby is fine. for me a lot of the spotting has been pink occasionally it has been red or brown. it has always been very mucousy and very faint. still it has bee so stressful and my anxiety levels have been so high and i was depressed before getting pregnant and have become much more depressed. spotting is definitely really stressful. i think i am around 10 weeks pregnant now.</p>

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
<p>I had quite a bit of spotting (light spotting, but lasted for several days off and on) around 9-10 weeks.  There are quite a few of us in this DDC who had spotting.  I also had spotting with my son, once around 5 weeks, and then again at 9 weeks. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think at 11-12 weeks when you just saw a beautiful growing baby on an ultrasound, you probably have nothing to worry about.  If you get red blood I would call your doctor.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts