Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and the cat that I used to detest, mind you.

long story short, my 20 month old son has dissed me.
big time.
all he wants is papa, all of the time...
if papa had breasts I'm sure I'd be completely and utterly out of the equation.
what's up with this?? my feelings are beyond hurt--even though I want those two to have more time together....not ALL of the time!
especially since DH is a busy guy and more often than not whole days are just ds and myself....we used to play, now he just screams "papa!" the entire time.

is this normal?
hormonal?
how can I get my son to love love love (as opposed to pushing me out of the room) me again?

TIA
Kyara

·
Registered
595 Posts
Its normal. DD goes through "stages" where she only wants one of us all the time. There was a time a while back where she would scream and scream when dh would go off to work. Now most of the time she says bye and waves calmly then goes to the window and waves again with a smile on her face. If I leave she screams and throws herself to the floor and goes to the window screaming and banging on it crying.
: You'll get through it and he'll want to hang with you again mama

·
Registered
338 Posts
My DD is only 9 months old and she does this. It goes a little something like this, we'll be playing (dad's in school most of the day) and all the sudden she'll remeber, hey, where's dad? So she'll look at the doors and go
"DAd! Da dadadada DAD!" Sometimes she cries, especially if he's been gone long time, or if he has an evening class and she's trying to go to bed.

Dad is also the one she wakes up in the morning (that's cute, hairtugging, patting, kissing, little bit of kicking if he's ignoring her)

She hasn't really rejected me yet, but I can see it looming. I get it though, he's pretty darn fun. I feel bad if she wants to ply with him and he needs to study, though. Oh well...

This too shall pass Mama,
-Crystal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.