Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
I'm sitting here at work, nothing is happening because clients are away for Thx week, but at my job they don't like to let people go home early, because, you never know...I am exhausted, and it's so hard to sit through this when I don't have anything keeping me busy.

So, lately, I've been reading MDC during downtimes at work, and I was thinking about how much I'd like to be able to share with other AP-ish single parents...but every time I read this forum I get claustrophobic. So many posts about Xs and custody, and something about it makes me feel like I can't breathe. Dealing with Xs isn't something I have to do often--my son's father isn't a part of our lives, for the most part, I'm a single mother by choice--I can sympathize a great deal, but it's hard to read about it, and it dominates the single parenting board. At the same time, so many other parenting issues have such a different dynamic when there's only one parent...I'm so often brought up short in discussions elsewhere on MDC because of that.

It's just that I'd like to read about how other people deal with the stresses and challenges of single parenting apart from dealing with Xs. It could almost be a separate board. There's so much more to being a single parent than dealing with Xs. Just basic things, like how you keep it together, how you deal with being tired and trying to be a good parent, how do you socialize, what works for you. What have you accomplished lately, and how did you manage it?

I don't know, sorry to walk in the door and whinge. I just crave some kind of community with other single moms (or even single dads, I'm not picky), and I haven't found it. To be honest, I'm pretty lonely. I don't want to offend anyone if they're preoccupied with their Xs, I know that those issues are non-trivial, and of course you need a place to talk about them. I just wish there was some other stuff going on here, too.

There, that's my rant.
I do understand what you are saying completley!!!! It is tiring, stressful, and wonderful being a single parent all in one. I do realize that I need to actually spend more time thinking of that instead of x. I am so sorry that you feel overwhelmed by XXXX. that is reeally sucky. I do know a few moms in my area who are single mammas by choice and like minded. So i guess that is why i come here to vent about all my dirty laundry. But you make a great point that it would be nice to take the time just to talk about single parenting w/o the need for the x's.
I hope that you can start up some great discussions.

· Registered
776 Posts
I was thinking about ap'ing etc... I really have one like minded mamma friend, and the rest have thier "own" parenting styles. Some that I don't agree with. Pne tthing that I completley hate is that people say that I am a "pushover" cause I am a single parent. and that is not the case. If dd 2 is whining i let her, and most of the time she just wants lovin. But when i cuddle her i am being a pushover..... well for one i am not nd for 2 I have 2 of the most well behaved little ladies. So i guess I am doing somthing right. My kids don't go off yelling, hitting, biting other kids as i have seen other children do, so what i have to say to people about that...." I must be doing somthing right"

Have a great day mammas!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.