Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,060 Posts

I can understand where you're coming from. And I think that you're not alone, there are other single mamas here with virtually absent ex's, who deal with similar "most stressful part of life" issues. So go ahead and start threads about what you are worried about! About trying to get more connected to a community, about finding a little time for yourself, about having some other people to help you with your child from time to time. Those are all such valid points, and we'd love to help you with them!

My suggestion would be to try to find more community. A church maybe (there are all sorts, from Christian to Unitarian to Quaker etc...a great place to connect to people). Maybe try to start a single mom's group...you might be surprised how many AP single mamas are out there, there really are a lot who for whatever reason (divorce, smc, widowhood) are both AP and single parents. But the most important thing is don't give up on finding more balance, it's amazing how different things look when you are struggling with a problem and after you've found some solution about it. Right now you're at the low point in dealing with this, but it can and will get better, so have some patience, put a little bit of thought/effort into it, and you never know!

Just wanted to send you a
most of all!

· Registered
3,060 Posts
Okay, I've got a question for the mothers who feel overwhelmed by the ex threads....why don't you start posting threads? And I guess when I look at the threads, there seem to be tons to me that don't relate to ex's, for instance, the Dating thread, help for a newly single mom, how to find good childcare, single student mamas, read any good books, how do you handle it without cracking. Sure, ex issues are a big part of this board, but only because people keep posting about them...just go ahead and say whatever you want to say! I guess I'm just a little frustrated because so many people have subscribed to this thread saying, "Yeah, me too." or "Ex issues should be separated from single parenting issues." while not actually posting threads...so it seems like just venting at our (meaning the mom's with ex issues) expense.

· Registered
3,060 Posts
Sorry to anyone who was offended, by my post I wasn't trying to cause anyone to be upset, just to say that those of us who do have ex issues should be comfortable posting here as well. As in, let's make sure everyone is welcome, not compartmentalized. I just had scary visions of an "ex issues thread" kind of like the dating thread, where everything ex related gets shoved into a little corner, which would be pretty silly but I could almost see happening.

I'm glad you've started posting zeldabee! Thanks for coming to the table, it's a great group and I think you'll find there's support for everyone here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.