Mothering Forum banner

the closer i get, the more neurotic i get...

509 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  djinneyah
okay, so, i'm "33 weeks" as of tomorrow...and baby spends most of its time either transverse or diagonal.

i guess i'm nervous because my first came early (at 35 weeks, no complications), and i've got it in my head that this one will be early, too, although i know i could go much longer than last time....

so, i guess my question is, when should i be concerned about baby's position? if baby ends up breech, i'm sure i could handle it easily enough on my own....but this transverse/diagonal thing has me a little nervous...

any reassuring words?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I can tell you that the baby will move into a better position when labor starts. Babies "like" to get into more optimal positions for birth. Or, if not, you will deliver him/her however she/he wants to come out!
I agree that there really isn't any reason to worry about it until labor. I swear my 2nd baby was transverse when labor started, he came out just fine, head first in a mere 2 hours.

I guess if baby was lined up poorly, labor COULD drag on for quite a while, but barring any serious issues, I say most babies are just going to need TIME to figure the way OUT

Kat
See less See more
thanks, ladies, that helps ease my mind
especially now that prodromal labor has started!
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.