Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow am I in pain - I've been waiting for the full m/c to happen after seeing no heartbeat last Wednesday. Yesterday things started in full swing and I am in so much pain today.

For the last m/c I went in to be sure there was no baby just after I passed the tennis ball sized tissue and I was in a lot of pain. I told the doctor I didn't want him to scrape the inside of my uterus and he said ok but when he was in there he did it anyway - it really relieved the pain.

So my question is, how long does this last? Is it an all day thing - several days? This is really painful.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for answering.
I'm really hoping it's over by the end of today. I took the day off (my boss insisted) and I really don't want to have to work in this kind of pain tomorrow!

Thank you again, just a simple response can mean so much when you're hurting.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I couldn't either (read wo responding) The pain'll pass (physical) but please make sure you let yourself grieve over this. Losing a baby is one of the hardest things a woman ever has to go thru. Before it's born or after. It still hurts. Don't let anyone make you stop grieving before you are ready. (I know from experience too) I got used to the pain (physical) after my 3rd loss, but you never get used to the mental.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheryl - But I don't feel the same emotional/mental pain this time.. is it just late in coming? I'll keep my heart open to grieving though.. I grieved for a very long time with the last one (I think at least 5 months). Thank you for reminding me of that.

And the pain finally ceased around 1 pm, it lasted about 7 hours which isn't so bad.. it's not knowing how long it will go on that was hardest. Thank you for being here for me when I needed it.

And I'm always up for get togethers!
I've made some great online local friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.