Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
We have Redi-shades (just the plain white ones) in our living room and dining room. Put them up as temporary window covers when we moved here almost 3 years ago, and I still haven't got around to replacing them (nice window treatments for those rooms still aren't in our budget). They've stayed up fine and really don't look bad, though I don't know how well they would hold up if we were raising and lowering them regularly - we more or less leave them where they are.

FWIW, I think it's fine to tie knots and shorten blind cords in areas where you know your child will be supervised. We did that in our old house, in the master bedroom, because DD was never in there without me - by the time she was mobile, we had gates at the top & bottom of the stairs, and there was no way I was leaving her anywhere upstairs alone where she could crawl into the bathroom, etc unsupervised. A little bit of common sense goes a long way towards averting such disasters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.