Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,362 Posts
Don't you think it's a little paranoid to run out and buy all new window treatments when there are less than 20 deaths a year from this? There are real threats in the world and even in our homes, and something that 7-17 kids a year die of is not the top concern on my list, or even worth $100 (for 10 new $10 blinds that might last 2 years). If you have a 1 yr. old who's into everything and frequently unsupervised, get the cord up and out of the way. For those of us with older kids with good common sense and adequate supervision, I think we can worry about more likely death threats to our children (like cars, animals, fire, etc).

· Registered
5,362 Posts
It takes two adults to even move my dresser, there is just no way my son could tip it over! And it's not as simple as using a carseat, or do you really think no kids die in carseats? I'm sure many, many more than 16 kids died in 2003 even while properly strapped into the car. And electrical fires kill more than 16 kids, I'm sure- why don't you move to a house without electricity, to be safe? In fact, the bubble wrap outside sounds like a great idea, except I'm sure some kid somewhere has been suffocated by bubble wrap, so scratch that too. What's a mom to do with danger lurking in every corner, window, and piece of furniture?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.