Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so just about every time there's a thread about newborn diapering, most people of babies under 9lbs report that the NB sizes don't actually fit at newborn time. Here's a picture of Just*Lindsey's sweet baby girl Makenzie Raine in a NB Elbee. Sweet Sweet Baby in a big diaper

My babies have been in the 7 lb range & 21-22 inches long and I expect similarly with this baby (although surprises DO happen!). I have the CUTEST pair of The Cushie Tushie longies from Marnie in sweet coffee dye. Mmmm. SO GREAT! They are true Newborn size - very tiny. But, none of my NB fitteds looked tiny enough to go under them. (really, they're stretchy so it would work, but I kept thinking the fitted would look like it ate my baby) So began my search for a tiny true Newborn fitted.

And, so I just had to share a picture. The larger diaper is a Righteous Baby FLAM (unwashed) www.righteousbaby.com and the smaller diaper is a Itty Bitty Bun in organic velour www.diaperbabies.com FLAM and IBB

WOW! Now, that's itty bitty!!! It makes me wish I usually had 5 or 6 lb babies!!!
It is SO sweet and SO tiny, I truly think every smaller newborn should have at least one!
Oh, I should also note, it's really quite stretchy and expands a good ways, but probably not meant for the 9-11 lb newborns.

Edited to add: Because I insanely have to try everything on Cicely, I should note that she can comfortably wear the Itty Bitty Bun on the biggest snap. I should post a pic. It's a VERY low rise though!!! :LOL

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
OMG that diaper is so tiny & perfect & cute (just like a newborn)!

Spark, your titles pull me in every time. How do you do it?! At least you didn't get me to buy anything this time. :LOL

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
My DD was 6lbs 7oz and birth, and lost about half a pound in the first week. She fit into kissaluvs 0s. They were a tad marshmallowy on her, but they contained everything well. I had a newborn AI2 from dreamboat diapers that was the most perfect fit EVER, and I would use the shell from that as a cover until her other newborn covers fit better. Right now, I have no idea what size this baby is going to be, (I've had a 9.5lber, an 8lber, and then DD), but I have a NB sugarbums organic velour fitted that is very tiny, and the one very baby AIO I have is also itty bitty (I wish I had more of these
) I have a small bittybuns from diaperbabies, and I can't imagine it NOT fitting my newborn, even if he's as small as my DD was.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:LOL Thanks, Jaye!!! :LOL It must have been the summer that I spent interning for the National Enquirer.

I think it's perfect and tiny, too!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh, ooh, Becki... link for Dreamboat Diapers? That sounds NICE!

And, goodness, you do have different sized babies! WOW! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
Ooh, ooh, Becki... link for Dreamboat Diapers? That sounds NICE!

And, goodness, you do have different sized babies! WOW! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

www.dreamboatdiapers.wahmbiz.com The AI2 I had was a tester, but I'm sure she would make one for ya if you asked.

I had uncontrolled diabetes with the first two, so they were chunkers :LOL the 8lber was even 2 weeks EARLY.
: By the time #3 came along, I had convinced my doc that I was diabetic (I would barely pass the GTT) and he gave me a monitor and I could control it better. This one has been harder to control, so I'm guessing he'll be a mid-7lber. DH and I were both relatively smallish babies (I was 5lbs3oz, he was right at 6lbs), so I think smaller babies are more "natural" for us.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, Becki, I'm glad your Dr. listened to your correct instincts!
That certainly explains the differences in baby size... just think most people see small increases in baby size in subsequent pregnancies. You sound like you're due soon? Dreamboat Diapers look really well made. I and I like the AI2 desin, I can see why that would actually work to contain NB poo.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is such a cute little diaper Spark. I have no idea what the foot to get. Corby was 8lbs 13ozs and Hadley was a tiny pixie a 4lbs 15ozs-but she also had some other issues going on. None of the diapers I had fit her. I expected another one at least as big as Corby if not bigger so I had no tiny, tiny diapers. So far Phive looks like he/she is going to follow in Corby's footsteps. I had my 31 week appt the other day and I was measuring 2 weeks ahead. We'll see though, it could've been bogus measurment. Anyway, I have a large variety of newborn and small this time around just in case.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Holy snikes, thats itty bitty.

I have some flams and I have high doubts they will even FIT for more than 2 weeks on my next baby.
I have big'ns...

It sucks though, because when your babies are large they fit into smalls weight wise, but they are still *newborns* so they don't fit right...

but man, I doubt I could get a diaper than small anywhere near my next baby...hehehe

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Oh goodness that is a tiny little diaper!

I didn't do newborn fitteds (ok, I had three just for showing off) but I thought Tykie newborns were tiny. I had one and it fit for like a week :LOL Of course Kai was almost 10lbs and she was born with a HUGE beer belly!

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I'd agree with snap dragons.... we had one and it fit willow for a whole 2 weeks i think :LOL so if you want small... there you go

Willow was 8lbs 4 ounces and the things that fit her: fcb0, lc0, XS elbee, KHW, and the snap dragon for a week or 2 ... HTH!

oh also, my size small VB AIOs, fit her as soon as her cord fell off... they were a bit big, but not overly big.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Claire, if you end up having a little one, I have some mama-made (not by me) TEEEEEEEEEENY dipes that are just barely too big for Aubrey's dolls. I donno how else to explain them but they are smalllllll. Now PIetey was 9 lbs 3 oz and I really don't see how these itty bittys are going to fit. SO I am holding onto them for a mama with a baby that needs them. So be sure to let me know if you end up needing them! They could be to your house in 2 days
and I have eight!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:LOL You guys are the best... and SO FUNNY , too!!! Lifetime movie. :LOL What the foot. :LOL

Thanks for the more suggestions on teeny!
Sustatainer, you KNOW I'm a fan of OC PFs.
Those look great! I plan on mainly doing PFs and then, I just wanted a few fitteds for this or that. Heck, just cuz they're soooo cute!
I'm actually hoping to have one fitted from all the places people drool over. Just to see how they actually work.

Good grcious, Amy! Those snapdragons ARE small! Wowsers!
I think those might be tinier than the IBB. I should take a shot with a cutip to compare, but the ris eon the IBB are definitely higher. Wow... something smaller than IBB.

Mamamoo -- I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at sweet sweet newborn pics.
She's so beautiful!!!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
First you call me SusTAtainer, then you accuse me of promoting prefolds? :LOL I didn't say a word about prefolds!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts