Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so just about every time there's a thread about newborn diapering, most people of babies under 9lbs report that the NB sizes don't actually fit at newborn time. Here's a picture of Just*Lindsey's sweet baby girl Makenzie Raine in a NB Elbee. Sweet Sweet Baby in a big diaper

My babies have been in the 7 lb range & 21-22 inches long and I expect similarly with this baby (although surprises DO happen!). I have the CUTEST pair of The Cushie Tushie longies from Marnie in sweet coffee dye. Mmmm. SO GREAT! They are true Newborn size - very tiny. But, none of my NB fitteds looked tiny enough to go under them. (really, they're stretchy so it would work, but I kept thinking the fitted would look like it ate my baby) So began my search for a tiny true Newborn fitted.

And, so I just had to share a picture. The larger diaper is a Righteous Baby FLAM (unwashed) www.righteousbaby.com and the smaller diaper is a Itty Bitty Bun in organic velour www.diaperbabies.com FLAM and IBB

WOW! Now, that's itty bitty!!! It makes me wish I usually had 5 or 6 lb babies!!!
It is SO sweet and SO tiny, I truly think every smaller newborn should have at least one!
Oh, I should also note, it's really quite stretchy and expands a good ways, but probably not meant for the 9-11 lb newborns.

Edited to add: Because I insanely have to try everything on Cicely, I should note that she can comfortably wear the Itty Bitty Bun on the biggest snap. I should post a pic. It's a VERY low rise though!!! :LOL

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:LOL Thanks, Jaye!!! :LOL It must have been the summer that I spent interning for the National Enquirer.

I think it's perfect and tiny, too!

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh, ooh, Becki... link for Dreamboat Diapers? That sounds NICE!

And, goodness, you do have different sized babies! WOW! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, Becki, I'm glad your Dr. listened to your correct instincts!
That certainly explains the differences in baby size... just think most people see small increases in baby size in subsequent pregnancies. You sound like you're due soon? Dreamboat Diapers look really well made. I and I like the AI2 desin, I can see why that would actually work to contain NB poo.

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:LOL You guys are the best... and SO FUNNY , too!!! Lifetime movie. :LOL What the foot. :LOL

Thanks for the more suggestions on teeny!
Sustatainer, you KNOW I'm a fan of OC PFs.
Those look great! I plan on mainly doing PFs and then, I just wanted a few fitteds for this or that. Heck, just cuz they're soooo cute!
I'm actually hoping to have one fitted from all the places people drool over. Just to see how they actually work.

Good grcious, Amy! Those snapdragons ARE small! Wowsers!
I think those might be tinier than the IBB. I should take a shot with a cutip to compare, but the ris eon the IBB are definitely higher. Wow... something smaller than IBB.

Mamamoo -- I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at sweet sweet newborn pics.
She's so beautiful!!!

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
:LOL Sorry... it was AUTOMATICALLY the first thing I went to... I have the sickness. you don't!!!! Sorry, I'll stick with Alice, since my typing doesn't do so hot! :LOL

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just tried this dipe on Cicely a couple days ago and it fits her!!! It's on the biggest snap and very VERY low rise, but it fits nonetheless. I should take a picture of her in it, but really I think I need to see a pic of a newborn in an Itty Bitty Buns and in a Nannipoos!
Those nannipoos are incredibly tiny! I just can't believe HOW small!

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamoo
Here is a pic of my dd in a nanipoo.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mamamo...96.jpg&.src=ph
Her cord fell of within 4 or 5 days, so I know this was an early one.
I thought the nanipoos fit her kind of weird, but I have a friend who LOVES them...
Oooh! so cute! Thank you!!!

Oh, and Sustatainer
I did end up getting a Snoogie Snaps NB colorgrown OC fitted after your rave about them and how you'd diaper a stolen NB in those. Nice suggestion!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.