Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is not a good one Increased mandates for covid vaccines, workers refusing to work creating massive shortages, and people and states being pitted against one another in this 'war' on covid.

Doesn't look like a good future to me at all. Revolution or Civil war may come to be for those people/states fed up with being told how to run their state in a sovereign union.

Mainstream media helping this divide along all the way too, with misinformation, and using the Pres. and his words as a puppet for propaganda on this agenda. Bidet needs to go - he's too senile to be president, imo. And, WHERE THE HELL IS HIS WIFE AND VP???????!!!!!
They have all but disappeared.

Our agencies cannot be trusted to tell the truths about health, vaccines, or anything health related that doesn't make pharma money.

Drs, - (pcps) many for the most part are into coercion, lying to patients, prescribing unneeded meds, and threats of being kicked out of the office for non compliance - Great healthcare, huh???
But they happily treat the morbidly obese with happy glee, and more $$$$$$$$$ for the obese person to keep coming into the office for 'weight checks', - aka ins. payment for dr. who is going to keep prescribing the same thing that keeps that person obese, instead of truly tackling the issue.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

'Following the Science' Only Gets Democracy So Far

''Yet many physicians and scientists appear unaware of their own epistemic trespassing.''
While "following the science" is more complicated than it sounds, experts should expect politicians to at least start with the science. That is, these leaders should forthrightly acknowledge the realities of any public-health crisis rather than deny facts, cherry-pick data, and downplay problems for ideological reasons. And elected officials should not claim to be making purely scientific decisions when reaching complex policy judgments-about whether Americans should be offered booster shots, for example-based on multiple factors.''

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts

'Following the Science' Only Gets Democracy So Far

''Yet many physicians and scientists appear unaware of their own epistemic trespassing.''
While "following the science" is more complicated than it sounds, experts should expect politicians to at least start with the science. That is, these leaders should forthrightly acknowledge the realities of any public-health crisis rather than deny facts, cherry-pick data, and downplay problems for ideological reasons. And elected officials should not claim to be making purely scientific decisions when reaching complex policy judgments-about whether Americans should be offered booster shots, for example-based on multiple factors.''
This is the most ridiculous article. "Follow the science" - unless you're a politician and the public is afraid and wants you to not follow the science - in which case just appease them because... democracy? And by the by, public health experts are scientists, so why shouldn't they "follow the science"?

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

America Has Been Flying Blind This Pandemic
- A commentary on former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb's new book, "Uncontrolled Spread"

He makes some good points - esp about the CDC

''We spend more than $100 billion on taxpayer funded medical research each year in the U.S., yet the CDC has failed in its primary function to deliver data to guide our pandemic response.''

·
Registered
19,178 Posts

America Has Been Flying Blind This Pandemic
- A commentary on former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb's new book, "Uncontrolled Spread"

He makes some good points - esp about the CDC

''We spend more than $100 billion on taxpayer funded medical research each year in the U.S., yet the CDC has failed in its primary function to deliver data to guide our pandemic response.''
Both the FDA and the CDC failed to prevent the opioid epidemic, which has killed a huge number and blighted the lives of many more.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both the FDA and the CDC failed to prevent the opioid epidemic, which has killed a huge number and blighted the lives of many more.
if anything, drs and pharma encouraged the use, and the epidemic....now that they've changed their minds, people are turning to street drugs and dying

·
Registered
25,031 Posts
if anything, drs and pharma encouraged the use, and the epidemic.
Doctors have an odd way of blaming the victim.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just saw this charming newspaper article from 1897. View attachment 130613
I had to be sure that this was legit, and not just written by someone with a brilliant mastery of historical syntax. Sure enough, there it is in the NYT archives! (Weirdly, I just tried to post the link, but word(s) got edited out and then it didn't work. Let's see if that happens if I don't actually link it.)

Nope. Okay, the link apparently has a problematic word in it that maybe Mothering does not allow? Anyhow, here are a list of articles from that day and you can click on "Atlanta Vaccination War". It's between "Obituary 2" and "Mrs. Pullman Makes a Denial".

Site Map - December 7, 1897

·
Registered
243 Posts
Doctors have an odd way of blaming the victim.
Sadly I have experienced this a handful of times. I received twice a horrendous diagnosis that was wrong (once ectopic pregnancy that turned out to be normal, once supposedly T21 and was normal). Each time I searched for the data and studies, was upset my medical team hadn't bothered to practice by standard, and somehow it was my fault according to them. It highly sensitized me to this system that tries to tell women their bodies are always defective and it's best we scare you into many tests even though their false positivity rate is despicable. Sorry this is a hot button issue for me - the victim blaming in this medical culture is abysmal and also thoroughly misogynistic.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
I had to be sure that this was legit, and not just written by someone with a brilliant mastery of historical syntax. Sure enough, there it is in the NYT archives! (Weirdly, I just tried to post the link, but word(s) got edited out and then it didn't work. Let's see if that happens if I don't actually link it.)

Nope. Okay, the link apparently has a problematic word in it that maybe Mothering does not allow? Anyhow, here are a list of articles from that day and you can click on "Atlanta Vaccination War". It's between "Obituary 2" and "Mrs. Pullman Makes a Denial".

Site Map - December 7, 1897
Thank you for doing that digging. I did wonder if it was fake, but it read right for the period and location. Disgusting!

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
Sadly I have experienced this a handful of times. I received twice a horrendous diagnosis that was wrong (once ectopic pregnancy that turned out to be normal, once supposedly T21 and was normal). Each time I searched for the data and studies, was upset my medical team hadn't bothered to practice by standard, and somehow it was my fault according to them. It highly sensitized me to this system that tries to tell women their bodies are always defective and it's best we scare you into many tests even though their false positivity rate is despicable. Sorry this is a hot button issue for me - the victim blaming in this medical culture is abysmal and also thoroughly misogynistic.
Very true. A woman I worked with back in the 1990s was having terrible headaches and her doctors failed to diagnose a neck injury, instead thinking that they had "overweight, middle-aged, irrational female hypochondriac" syndrome facing them.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe they oughta induce fear about a faulty vaccine that doesnt' retain immunity to the disease a person is supposedly 'protected from'....people should be more outraged about a faulty product being pushed - but they aren't due to the MSM programming

Two real-world studies published Wednesday confirm that the immune protection offered by two doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine drops off after two months or so, although protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death remains strong.
The studies, from Israel and from Qatar and published in the New England Journal of Medicine, support arguments that even fully vaccinated people need to maintain precautions against infection.
TWO MOS??? That is bad...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Maybe they oughta induce fear about a faulty vaccine that doesnt' retain immunity to the disease a person is supposedly 'protected from'....people should be more outraged about a faulty product being pushed - but they aren't due to the MSM programming

TWO MOS??? That is bad...
I don’t understand how anyone can defend this. And then the news on Moderna risks too high got sub 30s in Scandinavia (and everywhere).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts