Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the PRR fabric WAHMs use for their diapers. I want some! Why is it so hard to find out where to get it?
: It feels like a secret noone wants to tell. :LOL I know about the Porridge Pot and Valley Glen Goods, but they don't really have that many prints...like duck, duck goose-eskimo-circus...etc. Are these just old prints or are they out there somewhere. I am dying for a few diapers in these prints. Especially SOS!
Plus, I would like to make some jammies for my little one.
Where do WAHMs get their PRR for diapers? Will Somebody Please spill the beans?!

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
There is an outlet of some sorts for PRR in PA. Maybe you could vacation there

What prints? Have you tried co-ops on Yahoo groups? You mentioned eBay, and I always find some good ones there. Usually in a seller's store. I hope someone is of more help

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
New PRR comes out twice a year, spring and fall, I think. So it's usually easier to get recent PRR (except dandelions
). Duck duck goose, eskimos and circus are all older, and I think pretty rare. Gosh, I am such a dork, I don't sew but I buy yards of PRR.
:

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
PRR fabric is not actual fabric manufactured for resaling in yards. Its made for the clothing line they produce, but the gentlemen who cuts the fabric (he has a warehouse in PA) sells off any of the extra fabric once he is done cutting garment pieces for the company. Therefore once its gone.. its gone, it isnt reprinted and often times there isnt much of certain prints left over after the clothing pieces are cut. Thats why you wont find any of the older season prints just hanging out in a store... the only way you will find them is if someone had them in their fabric stash and decides to sell them.

Valley Glen Goods made a deal with the guy in PA and buys up a TON of leftover yardage as soon as he is done cutting (she actually gets first dibs on what he has tho)....but the really cute stuff sells out as soon as she stocks it and then its gone
You can go to his warehouse in PA and get it yourself but you have to be quick because now that its out where it is.... its slim pickings after its known to be on sale for a few days :LOL

Anyway, all this to say your best bet at finding older prints is to search ebay
The duck duck goose, circus, whales, tugboats, etc etc are older prints (at least 3 or 4 seasons ago I think) and hard to find unless you know someone who has a yard laying around their closet :LOL The new stuff comes up for sale shortly after the spring/fall season of clothing comes out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muggins&Doody
New PRR comes out twice a year, spring and fall, I think. So it's usually easier to get recent PRR (except dandelions
). Duck duck goose, eskimos and circus are all older, and I think pretty rare. Gosh, I am such a dork, I don't sew but I buy yards of PRR.
:
Well, I don't sew a lot of diapers, but I collect (read: hoard) it too.
: The one I'm on the hunt for is Pirates. But I don't want to pay $12/yd for it. I've only seen it sold on eBay for an unearthly amount of money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.