Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had a VBAC at The Farm in TN recently? I know Ina May Gaskin doesn't deliver there anymore, and their midwives do put out there that they are open to VBACs. Any advice, etc would be great.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Not personally, but I stayed there with a friend who was having a vbac. It was an awesome experience. Are you from TN? We traveled from IN. I would definitely consider it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning to go there to visit, as I am out of state. Did you and your friend get there several weeks in advance since you were out of state? Did you do all yoru prenatal care there, or did you just go there at the end for the birth?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yes we did go several weeks early. She did her prenatal care locally.

Look into health insurance. She was covered medically in TN but not in IN because of the difference in midwife laws.

Good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks much for the response. How advanced was "several weeks early?" 2, 3, 4, out of curiosity. I haven't met with the midwives yet, can you tell!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It turned out to be about 3 weeks. She felt like baby was going to come early and he really didn't. Also gave her some time to settle in. She was gonna send us, her friends, home if she didn't have that baby soon.

For my own baby I wanted to know earliest safe homebirth date and be ready for that, otherwise it would be a hospital birth anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts