Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Spring

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who struggle with infertility or challenges becoming pregnant. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To keep the list up to date, please bold your status when you want it updated!

IVF/FET Waiting to O

Oceanspray

IUI/Waiting to O

Donor Eggs

Other Treatments
lrex99
girlspn

Waiting after Loss
Verdahekawi

Waiting to O

Waiting to Know (2WW)

Waiting to be Ready
Devilish
mummabear13
tinytina
saharaviolet
Anna1979

2015 GRADUATES~
Big congrats to you all!

January BFP's
treehugger86

2014 GRADUATES~
Big congrats to you all!

November BFP's
oxford
SplashingPuddle

October BFP's
LittleKind

September BFP's
toothfairy2be

August BFP's
adiejan
chuord

June BFP's
Kewpie80
Tracyamber
iixivboots
alivewithyou

May BFP's
shelley4
Xerxella

April BFP's
NaturallyMo

March BFP's
mainebaby (IVF)
Autumnlaughing

February BFP's
Alivewithyou

Taking a break
XXX

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all !!! Welcome to the new spring thread. Please let me know in BOLD if your status needs to be changed. I have not been following as closely as I'd like but will start doing so. Some people I am not sure if they are still around so let me know!!!!
Tracy
A little bit about me
After a few years of trying to conceive , my dh and I found we had very low sperm count. We then did IVF/ICSI and I had my son in 2011. After several failed cycles and the use of all my frozen embryos,we changed clinics and with the help of a donor, had our son this january.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Subbing- Best thoughts for all of you ladies!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Subbing. Always stalking. :bag Always watching. :eyes

:) :thumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tracyamber

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thanks for taking over @tracyamber.
I really need a break-mentally and emotionally too.

In the week since our cancelled cycle, I have been through the emotional ringer. I would say I am feeling better but still need to work through some emotions. I have a counseling appt scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
@mummabear13, its clomid (tablets), steroid (tablets), trigger shot, and internal progesterone pills.

Fingers crossed @Oceanspray

Best of luck @MakeItSew

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks @tinytina

Today's ultrasound wasn't encouraging. I'm measuring about a week behind. It's not impossible that I could have ovulated late - my latest recorded ovulation was CD21, but this scan definitely didn't do anything to raise my confidence. We go back in a week for a follow-up scan. If it's bad news my RE wants to do a D&E again so we can get the chromosomal analysis done.

So much wait and see.

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@tinytina please let us know how your appointment fairs and hugs to you. @MakeItSew I'm sorry the appointment wasn't encouraging. I just hate that in limbo feeling. I'm hoping for the best for you. @Oceanspray yes, seriously stalking and waiting!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Subbing and catching up...
Tina - definitely your body is not failing you, maybe your little one has it's own ideas of when it's time to join the family.
Oceanspray - so excited and fx for you! Pupo for the tww is both exciting and draining... Hope you are finding good distractions?
Makeitsew - hoping for the best for you, it is possible that some of the sperm survived and that you ovulated late... Will be stalking next weeks scan results.
Hugs and best wishes for everyone

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Hugs to @MakeItSew. Was there a heartbeat? If so, what was it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just wanted to post an update after our appointments last Friday.

-DH has good swimmer and he is doing back flips with pride:duh

-I have at least one tube open since I've been pregnant twice, most likely my tubes spasmed during the HSG from the painful pelvic she did just before

-I have DOR

-My thyroid is a little high but I'm already taking meds for it

-Try on our own for the next few months and then make a decision about IVF either early summer or in the fall after our Europe trip

-Figure out how to pay for IVF and see if what (meads/treatment) might be covered by our insurance plans.

I'm a little overwhelmed by everything and trying to make sense and formulate a plan on how to move forward.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I am so sorry @MakeItSew.

Take some time to let yourself feel before trying to do all the practical things @Anna1979

Thanks @tracyamber and @chuord

My appointment wasn't too bad. We started talking about what I have been going through and feeling. She wasn't the best but not the worst. I am going to go back and see her again next week.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
@MakeItSew - I'm sorry. (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
833 Posts
@MakeItSew, sorry for what you are going through. Hard place to be. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
470 Posts
@MakeItSew- I am so sorry! I hope you did ovulate late. Hugs to you whatever the outcome!!!
@tinytina- I am so glad that you are seeing someone. I hope you end up liking her...if not for sure find someone you do. It makes all of the difference in the world speaking from the therapists position.
@Oceanspray- How is the 2ww? Where are you in your wait? FX for you my dear.
@Anna1979- I am so glad that you have some answers. Are they going to put you on any meds as you try on your own for awhile? It seems like you could take some minimally invasive drugs to at least increase your chances with one tube. You could also start taking some supplements to help make stronger eggies. I took a prenatal, vitamin D3, coq10, extra folic acid, omega 3, pregnitude, and melatonin.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks @tracyamber . So we've got good news, I'm measuring 6w4d and we saw a heart beat. It was too faint to pick up the sound, but we did see a flicker on the screen.

I thought I'd be a lot happier than I am. We're still not even at the point where I lost the other pregnancies (most recent miscarriage was lost right around now though), and I don't know when (if ever) I'll start to feel "safe."

Follow-up ultrasound in 2 weeks, which feels like forever. A friend of mine is an ultrasound tech and offered to sneak me in for something before then, but I feel like a transvaginal ultrasound extends past the reasonable expectations of friendship! Maybe once I'm big enough for transabdominal I'll take her up on it :D

1 - 20 of 156 Posts