Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what did you think about it? i just got it as a shower gift and i want to know if it was comfertable or what before i open it. thanks

courtney

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh, take it back. I've heard bad things about it. Here's a link:

http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/pumps101.html
(I hope I can post it...I'm new here)

Note that the first years has suction beyond what has been deemed safe. Don't want to damage those breasts

There's a list of good pumps on that. list, too. Also, check with your health insurance company. Some will reimburse you for a pump. Mine did...I had to pay the $50 copay, but I got a $250 Medela Pump in Style.

HTH

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I can't afford the good ones so I bought the First Years one. From the reviews I've read on the net, it ok for infrequent use http://www.epinions.com/The_First_Ye...splay_~reviews
I was glad I could control the level of suction because when I was pumping for my first (11 years ago), I thought the hospital's pump was going to suck my nipple off.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I use this pump once a day atleast and have no problems. It can cause some discomfort at the highest setting sometimes (for me) but generally speaking I have had no problem with it, and I always just turn it down if its too much. It doesn't always get it all though without help. (I do that manual breast squeeze thing to make sure I get the hindmilk)

I've tried a manual pump and my hand is always about to fall off before I'm done, and there's no way I could afford the $200 "hospital grade" stuff.
This works for me, and I get between 5-8 oz pumping with a 4 week old baby so I'm sure I'm not loosing out on too much.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i returned it and got a medela harmony manuel pump. i won't be using it to much. with my first i always used a manuel (the crappy one you get for free from WIC) so this has to be better then that. plus i know how to hand-express quite well.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Hey Courtney! I was thinking about getting the medela on your registry, but I personally really liked the Avent and meant to talk to you about that...
did you use medela before? not that there is anything wrong with it, I just heard great things about the avent isis and that's what I used last time - I went back to work when Ana was 3 months old and used that pump for over a year (3-4 times a day) and it worked great.

so I would really recomment that one..

anyway.. I also meant to tell you that I forgot to include a gift receipt with the diaper champ if you need it, just let me know. but also, I think toysrus/babiesrus are pretty good about store credit. sorry about that.. oh, and Ana LOVED her present!!!!!! and the card!!

hope all is well!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.