Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often, in my day care, I get a "special" child. A child so cute and charming, that he or she basically gets a free ride. (discipline wise)

Nobody tattles on the golden child, nobody thinks the naughty things he is doing is anything but adorable.

Until today..... LOL Today, he flew right past naughty, and sailed joyfully into evil. And he smiled. (Golden boy will be 2 in March)

Today, the Golden child began his morning with Dad, who assured me that if GB (Golden boy) wasn't here this afternoon when he picked them up, dad would completely understand.

Then, before Breakfast, he had carjacked an older and much bigger child. He pulled him from his Cozy coup and crawled in before the older child's legs were even out of the car. Then he drove away. (I removed him and gave the car back to the victim who was still lying stunned on the patio.)

AT breakfast GB Took one cup from baby #1. gave it to Baby #2 then gave #2's cup to #1. I washed them again, and switched them back. Then, he took his grahm cracker, and dipped it into his brothers milk.

After breakfast, he ran through the kitchen, obviously concealing something. Sadly, it was Bear, Bear. Toddler #2s beloved companion. Bear Bear is THE ONLY thing that helps Toddler #2 sleep. GB FLUSHED Bear bear down the toilet before I could put the baby down and get in there, Bear bear is gone.

There is no Spare Bear.

Not to mention the possible damage to my toilet. Bear bear (RIP) was the size of a Beanie Baby, only stuffed with lightweight stuffing.

Then, Golden boy smiled. He smiled with the glee of a child on Christmas day. He enjoyed himself. He has discovered the joys of evil. I think he even spoke in Latin. If his head spins, I am calling a preist.

SO... How to deal with a not quite two year old who is clearly more intelligent than I gave him credit for.

He knows I am NOT HAPPY. But, he couldn't give a rat's tail. I asked him "Why oh Why????" His answer was a smirk and a "BE-CUZZZZ"

Golden boy is not a normal toddler. He can hold a conversation. He can scream insults at complete strangers. He knows the different football teams by their colors. He can drive a tiny little quad by himself.

But, he is...as of this moment, calculating and evil. As I type this, he is smiling at me with the most charming smile you could imagine. His brown eyes are twinkling... He is plotting his next move. I just know it.

Give me strength.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
You could burn some sage all around the house, protecting it from evil..Sage is supposed to create an "evil barrier". Maybe do this after Golden Boy goes home and something will happen and he won't come back

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
What about garlic? Could you braid garlic and put it around everyone's neck?

I"m thinking GB's parents need to spend some time on Ebay looking for a BearBear replacement!

·
Registered
61 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!

This describes my little brother. He thought his full name was "Kevin stop it".

He was/is so handsome and charming that he got away with things the rest of us never could. Our cousins and I distinctly remember Kevin doing things that were reallllllly bad, and WE would get yelled at. "Why weren't you watching him?" they would ask us.

Now, he is a happy, blessed man of 41 years, with two beautiful kids.

Good things follow him everywhere he goes even to this day. He missed his plane (because he's dopey) and he stayed in a hotel, where he met the members of Third day (A christian rock band) and they gave him tickets to a Christian rock festival that was going on all weekend. These tickets would have cost close to $1000 to buy, and he charmed these men out of four of them. LOL

These kids grow up to be popular and charming their whole lives. That little gleem you see in his eyes is going to his best feature. I love these kids in Junior high, they make the day so much more fun.

I know he is frustrating you today, but you obviously adore him.

I have to agree with the garlic. To repel the evil forces.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I do home day care too and I have a boy just like yours! He SOOO obviously doesnt care if he is in trouble its a little frustrating, but mostly funny. He takes things from other kids and I say, Jackson.... do you need to go sit down and play by yourself for a bit? "OK!" and he merrily goes to the futon cushion to read a book. He also walks around the room with a tin can on his head and hits it with a hammer..... like I said, he's funny! Every time he get hurt I have to kiss it and every time he walks by my baby he stops to kiss him in the head. He's oenery as hell and I love him!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The golden child part II.

Or "Where oh where is Bear Bear".

Nap time immediately started out bad because todder #2 had already missed Bear Bear.

I got them settled, I gave #2 a stack of emergency back up bears from my daughter's room. None were "right".

GB kept quietly muttering comments about "Bear Bear". Needless to say, nap time was NOT FUN.

Unfortunatley, Bear Bear is from FTD, he came to Grandma in a floral arrangement. So, Dad stopped at a few florists to see if he could get a new bear. (Seriously, who lets their kid get attached to something that there is only ONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD???) Bear Bear is not in any florist in Phoenix area.

He is not on Ebay.

Today, toddler #2 is carrying a Thomas the Train. We will see how that goes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts