Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abi has croup right now. I think this is the fourth time this year. She's feeling okay other than the cough (controlled by meds). The best part though, is she can talk in a normal voice okay. But when she tries to scream or have a tantrum or yell, her voice stops and a tiny little squeak comes out, or sometimes no noise at all. It's like someone flipped an off button on her voice. It's forcing her to use her words.

Maybe all 3-4 year olds should get croup once in awhile.

Darshani

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
I hope she feels better soon and that the inability to screech turns into her voluntarily dropping that behavior from her repitoire. (Did I spell that right?)

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
What exactly is croup?

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBee
What exactly is croup?
She's feeling better and using her words more!! Hope it lasts!

From http://kidshealth.org/parent/infecti...ral/croup.html

Quote:
The term croup does not refer to a single illness, but rather a group of conditions involving inflammation of the upper airway that leads to a characteristic barking cough, particularly when a child is crying. Most croup is caused by viruses, but similar symptoms may occasionally be caused by bacteria or an allergic reaction . . . Symptoms of croup often worsen at night and when the child is upset or crying. I
Darshani

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.