Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't expecting the holidays to be an issue. It just wasn't something that entered my mind. But now that we're in the season, I just can't get into the spirit. I keep thinking of how far along I'd be...of how I'd be feeling the baby move, how I'd have a big round belly. And I'm remembering how I felt when I was pregnant and looking forward to this time when everyone, even strangers on the street, would know that I was carrying a baby in my belly.

The holidays complicate things because I'm "supposed" to be happy--the season requires it. And then I feel worse because I feel guilty for not being the happy, cheerful, celebratory person that my kids expect me to be right now.

I don't know that there's any advice to be given here. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this and maybe wants to share/vent/wallow with me.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm feeling the holiday blues with you! I've been kind of happy to have the holiday shopping, cooking, decorating and crafts to keep me busy...keep my hands occupied at least. What I'm not looking forward to are the big family gatherings, especially with the IL's. Everybody acting like nothing has happened to avoid an awkward moment...nobody wanting to say the wrong thing so they just don't say anything. I'm fine with people one on one, but I don't think I'm ready for groups.
I wish I had advice or wise words...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I can't help but I can say that I'm right there/here with you. I was due mid january so I'd be huge and sooo uncomfortable right now and just wishing that the holidays would hurry up and get over with and instead I'm my 'regular' size, not uncomfortable but still wishing that the holidays would hurry up so I can stop feeling guilty for not being happy all of the time.
s to all of us having a hard time this holiday season.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am both sorry to have company in this and relieved to know that I'm not alone.
I'm thankful that this forum exists. Being able to commisserate with mammas who have btdt is what's keeping me somewhat grounded through this.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am there with you. I lost my baby at the end of June, and I would have been due at the very beginning of January. So I had envisioned having a special holiday season with the baby at full-term. It's a sad time for me. I'm sorry that you are going through the same experience.

Tara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.