Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the "i don't want to poop" phase...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my 28 month old ds has hit the "i don't want to poop" phase....uncomfy in his diaper and a little afraid of the potty....it is not a HUGE issue yet...anyway...i know adding fiber helps since then it will be nice and soft for him.....we have a special needs foster child who is on apple juice with fiber and we have added that in.....just wondering if anyone else has any high fiber toddler freindly ideas....tia

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Oh yeah

DD had this "phase" for what seemed to be an enternity

She would hold for 3, sometimes 4 days, then she would HAVE to go, but BM would be huge and painful and she would even bleed from a rectum and sometimes would have it half out, but it would be so huge and she would SCREAM and I would have to perform "emergency rescue" with my fingers! My poor baby...

Um, where was I... oh yeah, natural sources of fiber:

Dry fruits of many kind - figs, prunes, raisins, appricots

Beets - baked or boiled

Cabage - raw or steamed

Next are not for fiber but to promote proper digestion/elimination:

Yogurt and kefir for stomach-frendly cultures (forgot what the culture is called for the life of me)

Mushrooms, the slimyer the better

Finally, my favorite (when she would agree to eat it - worked like a charm):

OATMEAL

Good luck and good for you for researching this before it became a problem!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.