Mothering Forum banner

The iron will of a toddler...should i take the toys away?

770 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Satori 
We had the toys all over problem but it was in the living room and it drove me insane because I was always tripping on them and dd REFUSED to pick them up no matter what. I warned her for 3 days that what ever toys were not put away after she went to bed would be meeting Mr. Trash Can. She did not believe me and on the 4th day in front of her I picked them up and took them out of the house. She was not happy but every night after that she picked up her toys for a long while
I think were getting on toy overload again but this time I'll clean then out when she's not home
I felt totally bad but dd doesn't get it unless its something drastic as she needs very concrete examples. Kinda hard for me as I'm a figurative type of person! Toy rotation does work but unfortunately we do not have the space to store them as we live in a very small 1 bedroom apt. We did rotate them when living with my mom and I swear I did not buy toys for about 2 years because we just went into the garage and let her pick out a few "new" ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.