Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. That's all I have to say. I guess the delayed departure was worth it. We didn't get to my parents until about 1:30 am Saturday.
It took about an extra hour and a half with all the potty stops.....

Anyway- the shower was absolutely beautiful. My mom decorated in monkeys. I got my crib bedding, tons and tons of clothes, receiving blankets, the microwave sterilizer, dishwasher container contraption for little things, monkey rugs, onsies, gowns, socks, a piggy bank, washcloths, hooded towels, baby bath tub, crib mattress, and to top it all off- cash/gift cards close to $300.

That's enough to buy the high chair combo and play-yard/bassinette combo!!

I could hardly believe it. WOW. We were so blessed that I had to go back on my registries and take off all the clothing items, and make a little note that we have more than we need! WOW!!!

Not trying to gush or be materialistic, but I was so blown away by the generosity of everyone at my shower- I was almost in tears. First baby, and I guess it is as big a deal to everyone else as it is to me!!!

AND- my best friend brought me a huge bag of hand-me-down girl things. AND she has a Medela breast pump that she will let me borrow. OH MY GOODNESS!!! That's a huge savings!!!

My sweet husband (with whom I was so irritated Friday) also drove home to SC this morning to finish cleaning the house so that I could ride back with my mom tomorrow. She's coming to spend a week with us. Now she doesn't have to drive alone, and I also don't have to worry about the house being so messy! Makes me feel bad for being so cranky with him.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
: Yay, that's so awesome! And it makes me excited for my shower too! I've been worried about money since I lost my job earlier than expected (planning on being a sahm), so it'll be nice to not have to worry about some of it. Plus, I'm so excited to see people that I haven't seen in a while, and have them meet my belly!

·
Registered
668 Posts
What a wonderful shower! We had ours on Saturday as well and we were amazed at the table of gifts. Our family and friends are so giving.. I am glad that you had such a great time..

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm SO glad you enjoyed your shower so much! Mine is still one of my favorite memories--for all of the reasons you said. I was just amazed at people's generosity.

And wow, how great that your dh could get the house picked up for you and your mom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.