Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately we have been busy homeschoolers! We are part of a HS group that is has lots going on. Add that to other stuff we do and errands. I also babysit (unpaid) once or twice weekly for friends. We are so busy! This week, for example, we have 5 outings (solstice celebration, botanical garden, spanish class, swim lessons, strawberry picking) and I'm babysitting twice. This is what my week is like and I passed on two other events for this week (yoga and sheep sheering). Soccer just ended or we would have 3 soccer days this week also!

I try to have at least one day a week with no plans. So we can do our own thing, but it dosent always work out that way. I would like to be home more but how do you pass up cool outings with friends?

My kids seem to love everything we do. I think it's just my personality that I would rather be home more. Do I need to suck it up and expose my kids to all this great stuff? Or they are young, I've got time, we should slow down?

How much time do you spend at home? How many times a week do you join activities?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I only have one, and he is only 2 1/2, but we too are on the go homeschoolers. I have long school days this month (I'm a senior in college, and taking some rough courses this summer), so I can't do as much with Ben as I'd like, but when things are more calm, I try to get out everyday. We are really only home one or 2 days a week, and those only because the laundry piles up, and I only have half a day to get everything done.

I think you need to find a balance. If you or your kids feel stressed by all the running around, give yourselves a day or 2 off. But, if you are just delighted to be doing everything under the sun, then by all means, do it all! I know here, there is a lot to do only for a few months out of the year, so we makimize that time, and take it more slowly when the weather is nasty.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point about the nice weather. Alot of the stuff we are doing is seasonal. We were not as busy in the winter. As usual, I'm slow to adjust.

I also have a hard time saying no to people. Something I need to practice.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts