Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year as a doula and absolutely love my job. I've been very luck in finding clients and am starting to make a good wage in addition to the satisfaction that comes from a job well done. The trouble is that the on-call life can feel taxing at times. I had my first "full month" with four clients and have found myself with only 5 days this Summer that I am not on-call.

I'm used to going camping in the mountains most weekends, I live in Denver, but can't do that because our usual spots do not have cell service. I am also used to going hiking often or for drives in the mountains. Again, not good enough cell service for me to feel comfortable. How do you do it? How do you make time for yourself and your family?

Anyone with tips helps! I know that the on-call life is what burns a lot of birth workers out. So, I know this a common thing to run across. I don't want to burn out and would love to hear your experiences on how to prevent that!

Thanks, ladies.

-Josie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.