Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for members of the ONE thread from the Trying to Conceive forum. ISome of you have started similar threads in the DDCs but this is an all-inclusive, cross-DDC thread. We have all made connections and friendships with ladies who got BFPs before or after us so this can be a central thread for us to catch up and for those on the other side of the One thread to keep up with us!

In bold, please tell me: Name, Due Date, how long it took you to conceive and what you went through to conceive, what "number" child this will be, and anything else you would like to add.

Members:

Due July 2011

26-LivingSky, conceived on 7th month (using soy isos & preseed), #1

Due August 2011

19-savah, conceived on 4th month (3rd temping), #2

25-jillybeans (Jill), took 3 months, #4, having 1st boy after 3 girls!

Due September 2011

14-LovingBaby (Elizabeth), took 7 months (charting, OV strips), #3

27-ValH (Valerie), took 13 cycles (2nd cycle of Clomid & post-HSG), #1

Due October 2011

10-Yellowdart, tried for 5 cycles, #1

13-Nicolian (Nicole), charted for 2 cycles, #3 (#4 for DH)

23-not_telling (Jess), took 3 cycles, #2

Due November 2011

9-TalkToMeNow (Amanda), tried for 4 months, #4 (3rd pregnancy)

12-TTCChloeorConner (Nicole), tried for 16 cycles, #1

Due December 2011

11-Mummoth (Teresa), tried for 4 months (conceived on month "off!"), #3 (#1 for SO)

Due January 2011

25-MommyMatsumoto (Anna), tried for 15 months (tried vitex, soy, acupuncture, and leaving it up to DH!), #2

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi ladies!

Please let me know if anything in the original post needs to be changed, or if you are not listed.

I hope everyone is feeling great! How are you new LO's doing?? Any funky symptoms or cravings going on?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a cold!!!!
mecry.gif

These baby kicks are starting to get really strong, and everytime I felt the baby move last night I told DH, and he would put his hand on my belly and the baby wouldn't kick for him!!!! lol Soon enough I am sure it will happen!

I too think blobby is cute, I love having older children this pregnancy that can share in the excitement of this pregnancy, my oldest was only 15 mo when DS2 was born so while he loved my big belly he didn't really know what was going on!!

Thanks for the new thread Val!!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Liz~ I remember that being so frustrating with my ex... we used to try and keep talking, and sneak his hand on there without the baby knowing... and then I started poking it to try and get it to kick back.... nothing worked!

Thanks about Blobby! Neither of my other kids had a name before they were born, but it's been fun. Yesterday, I bought a blueberry coffee cake for dessert and my excuse was "Blobby made me do it." The kids loved that!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Hey everyone! Sorry, I've been MIA. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

So many ultrasounds and no one is finding out the gender?! Am I the only one that will be? I still have a ways to go... only 13 weeks now.

I've been feeling a bit better, which is awesome. I'm so happy! Still really tired and still taking meds, but I think I'm getting over the worst part.

Mummoth, I think I've said this before, but out kids are the same age. That's so cool. (Actually, I think yours are both six months older than mine- I've got June 02 and Nov 04, but close enough!) My little one likes to come up and hug me and put her head on my tummy. She is so excited about the baby! I just can't get over the age difference. Our girls will be 14, 9, and 7 when this one is born. But it is cool that I will have so many helpers!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Hi, ladies.

My appointment is in the morning! I'll be 13 weeks, so HOPEFULLY they tell me the sex at my next appointment. ;-) My friend just found out and she's only 17 weeks, so we will see. =D

Why is my nausea getting worse? That's so dumb. >:O It's supposed to get better... Right? Ugh.

My aunt, who had the same DD as me, just lost her baby. =( It breaks my heart. And now I'm worried that my baby is forever going to be the child that she lost. I don't really know how handle the situation. Any advice?

Baby 002.jpg

This is me at 12w5d. =D

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkToMeNow View Post

Mummoth, I think I've said this before, but out kids are the same age. That's so cool. (Actually, I think yours are both six months older than mine- I've got June 02 and Nov 04, but close enough!) My little one likes to come up and hug me and put her head on my tummy. She is so excited about the baby! I just can't get over the age difference. Our girls will be 14, 9, and 7 when this one is born. But it is cool that I will have so many helpers!
Mine will be 9 and 7, too... my son will be a month from turning 10. I've had so many people reply with "On purpose?" when I told them the news! I wanted to be in the same DDC as you, there are quite a few moms with big gaps in the kids there, right? DD's class mates keep asking me if it's kicking me... they all think she's soooo lucky to be getting a baby! I left it up to SO, and he wants a surprise... I'm happy with that because it would be easier for my older one to get in a snit if it's a girl if we found out early.

TTCCorC~ nice bump! I think often first trimester symptoms disappear almost overnight, so hopefully that's the case for you! Go to bed!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TTCCorC - Good luck at the doctor's appointment! Let us know how it goes.

Mummoth - Just to chime in on the age difference thing, my sister had a baby last October - her only other child was 13 when this one was born... and yes, it was on purpose (she gets that question a lot too). I love seeing my neice play with my little nephew, though. And she's a great helper, as I'm sure your kids will be, too.

TalkToMeNow - I think we're going to find out the gender, eventually. DH wasn't sure at the time of the U/S, so we had it written in an envelope. Since that time, though, I'm pretty sure he's decided he wants to now. I think we'll discuss it more next week after MIL finally leaves. Someone was telling DH about having a party to find out the gender, and having someone bake a cake that's either pink or blue and everyone finding out when the cake is cut - he really liked that idea. So we'll find out eventually, one way or another.

It's been a rough couple days for me. Starting Wednesday night, I've been having debilitating back pain - I couldn't stand up straight, and could barely walk. I didn't sleep hardly at all Wednesday night, but instead lay in bed crying because it hurt, and I was frustrated. I went to the doctor yesterday, and after checking out both me and baby, was prescribed muscle relaxers and pain meds for a strained muscle - both doc and pharmacist assured me the meds are safe for baby. I've had to take them twice, but am trying not to take any more. After a lot of bed rest yesterday with my heating pad, I can stand up today, and can almost walk normally. I'm still in pain, though. But on the upside, I got to hear my baby hiccup yesterday at the doctor's office, and DH has been taking care of me... and I'm out of house and yard work for the weekend - doctor's orders. ;)

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Hi, ladies.

Val, sorry to hear about the pain. =( I'm glad it's getting better. That can't be fun. But it's good your DH is taking care of you, as he should!

I went to the doctor today. I asked him why I hadn't gotten a U/S and when I would be getting one. LOL He said I was "too normal", that's why I hadn't gotten one. I.E., I knew my last period (Lesson learned, tell them I don't know next time!!!), I'm not at risk for problems or multiples or anything. I told him I really wanted one though, so he wrote on the paperwork that I was sizing big so that insurance would cover it. LOL! So we have an U/S next Friday. FINALLY!!! And the heartbeat was 160bpm. "Perfect" as my doctor said. It was beautiful/awesome/everything you can imagine. DH couldn't stop smiling. I'm seriously pregnant. Like, legit. There's a heartbeat... A baby. Weird.

He also said that I would get my sexing U/S at 21 weeks, so two appointments away. I look at it by appointments, not by months. LOL My next appointment is June 3rd, so the one in July... We know what the baby is!!!

=D

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Val, that totally sucks!! Back pain is rotten, and not sleeping makes it so much harder to cope with. I was actually prescribed massages when I was pregnant with DD, I don't think it was a strained muscle though. Can you feel the hiccups?

TTCCorC, congrats on finally getting a date for ultrasound! I love the wishoo wishoo sound of the heartbeat :D

I went to bed at 7:30 last night, and I'm seriously emotional today. This morning I thought I was coming down with whatever DD had the last few days, but I might just be pregnant. One of the teachers at the school said chicken pox is going around, which I've had and the kids are immunized against so I have nothing to worry about, but I'm still really sorry I consulted with Dr.Internet about it.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TTCCorC - I didn't get my first U/S until 18 weeks, so I know the wait SUCKS! At least you got one earlier, yay for you! Glad you were able to hear the heartbeat, though - that's what made it feel real for me... or start to at least. There's a real baby in there!!

Mummoth - I haven't been able to feel the hiccups yet, I had no idea until we heard it with the heartbeat. Little one was super active yesterday, though, nurse kept having to chase to get the heartbeat. I could feel that. And there seems to be a dance party in my uterus this afternoon - love it! The massage sounds like a great idea. DH and I plan on doing a couples massage after MIL leaves. I can hardly wait! I hope you feel better soon and that it's just pregnancy, not chicken pox or some other nasty virus.

I had some spotting today, and nearly had a heart attack when I saw it. But then I remembered that my doctor said to expect a little spotting because she examined my cervix yesterday. And then baby started moving all around, so I'm okay with it now. Plus, it's completely gone, and I only saw it on one bathroom trip. On a positive note, I've managed not to take any prescription meds all day today, only tylenol... trying not to drug baby up too much.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Happy Mothers Day everyone!!! I had the best day ever! I had to pee at 6:15 and thought on my way up the stairs that I should wake the kids up asking if it's time for presents yet, to get them back for Christmas. But they woke up on their own as soon as I got up there. They gave me the gifts they made at school... DD gave me a dry erase calendar, and a little clay dish, DS gave me a bracelet and a water colour card with a poem he wrote in it :D Then we all went downstairs & crawled into bed together :D In the afternoon, we took flowers over to SO's grandma and then went to the Quay. Out front, they have this sign that's a big Q that's got 3 storeys worth of stairs going up it, so you can get a good view at the top. The kids always have to go up there, partly for the thrill and partly because I'm terrified of heights. So we all went up, and at the top SO asked me to marry him!!!!! he popped the big Q on the big Q, how cool is that?! I don't care for diamonds, so he got me a green sapphire! he told the kids on Friday and they've been having fun keeping the big secret from me :D

ring.JPG

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mummoth - Congrats!! Your ring is absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you had such a fantastic Mother's Day! :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Congratulations Mummoth! The ring is beautiful and your day was awesome.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Thanks guys!! TTMN, I have no idea when we'll get married. We both have to get paperwork from court to prove our divorces for the marriage license, so I think we'll worry about a date once that's done. I don't like weddings, and it's sure to be a stressful planning process... SO's family is all out of town and traveling won't be easy for some of them (but they'll insist on being there) ... the longer I can avoid dealing with it, the better!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry I missed the new thread for so long!

Sorry you've been in such pain, Val. That's awful. ((hugs)) I hope it's gotten even better for you.

CONGRATS, Mummoth! SO EXCITING! Your ring is very beautiful.

AFM: I had my 'big' ultrasound yesterday and the tech couldn't tell for sure what the baby was. Baby was not being very cooperative and refused to move for almost an hour. The tech said she was "65%" sure it was a girl, whatever that means. lol! The baby looked beautiful and healthy and was measuring right on.

I couldn't get over not finding out and scheduled a private gender check ultrasound for later in the evening. I'm not really one for unneeded things like that but I was really anxious to find out the sex this time. SO, I took my mom and we went last night and found out that, after two boys, we're having a GIRL!!! It's unbelievable!!

I had some credit at a consignment store so I went and bought my first girlie goods. It was so fun, and so weird!

Here is our sweet little girl. I'm pretty sure her name will be Calliope.

17w4d baby3 (1a).jpg

17w4d baby3 (4a).jpg

17w4d baby3 (8).JPG

17w4d baby3 (9).JPG

·
Registered
970 Posts
Awww Nicolian! That's awesome. I've always loved the name Calliope.

P.S. Don't mind me, I still lurk here to check on you guys.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.