grapejuicemama
heathenmom
JennyClaire
kerikadi
ligmom
lilduds
Mavournin
megan_sacha

Please BOLD changes & corrections, or PM me. Thanks.
And if you have suggestions or helpful ideas for me, please also let me know. It's my first time!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I'm spotting. turtle's not awake, yet, and I don't have the heart to wake her up to tell her this. I'm hoping it's nothing.

ETA: I went a looked carefully at my charts and this is the same temp pattern as the day I got my period last cycle.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frog
I'm spotting. turtle's not awake, yet, and I don't have the heart to wake her up to tell her this. I'm hoping it's nothing.

ETA: I went a looked carefully at my charts and this is the same temp pattern as the day I got my period last cycle.
I'm sorry mama. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is nothing and the spotting stops.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Thanks--I ended up waking turtle to talk about it, then crashing out for another couple of hours. The spotting has stopped, the headache remains, and either I'll bleed today or I won't.
:

:

·
Registered
829 Posts
frog: hugs to you... keep us posted.

by the way, has anyone tried anything spiritual as far as TTC? Last time, we tried for 2 years to get pregnant. I used to meditate. I would open myself up to being a vessel for a child's life. I would invite my child in. I would ask my child's spirit, "are you ready? if you are, i am open and ready to receive you."
I hate to say this, since this forum seems to rely quite heavily on the more "scientific" stuff, cycles, charts, facts, and figures... But in my oppinion, the baby comes when the baby wants to. It's so hard when you are SO ready and the baby isn't yet. Or The baby's stay is shorter than we had wanted it to be. I understand the pain. I used to cry every month when AF would come. But now, having conceived a child at what would have been the worst possible timing and having things turn out perfectly, I think I understand that so much is not up to us. Biology seems to have so little to do with it.
The best (and completely unsolicited) advice I can give, is let all your expectations go. Do not pretend to know when your child is ready to come. Only make yourself open always. Every day, invite their spirit in to live in your body. Tell your baby that it is up to them. Let them decide... Relinquish control and let your child make their own choices. It'll be good practice for parenting. Those of us who are parents know that parenting is not about 'controlling' your kids so much as about learning to love unconditionally and learning to let go. It's all about letting go.
Sorry if that comes off wrong... I mean it in the most encouraging of ways. It was meant as a little piece of hope.

Love to all of you as we go on our journeys together!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Still waiting to know here at 10dpo. Temp is down a bit and I'm feeling less hopeful. We are indeed SO ready for our baby. Where are you baby?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
frog & megan (and your partners),
I'm still holding out hope for you both!
:
Oh, and frog, sometimes there is a some spotting when you are preggers, so my fingers are tightly crossed for you, with hope!

And my advice for the day, lots of water & try to relax -- things good for general health & ttc -- esp in a heat wave!

spiritmama, i totally agree. I talk to my potential child (and my ova) almost everyday, saying we are ready, we are loving, and we have space in our lives for a child.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Can I be switched to the July BFP ? I just found out an hour ago or so. I am so excited and also nervous because of the chance of a m/c.

My due date is March 30 or 31, but I was thinking of joining the April DDC. Any suggestions? I just don't want to be the last one waiting to deliver! DD was 1.5 weeks late, and that was excrutiating. How do I request they start a April DDC?

Thank you guys so much!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Congrats arismomkoofie!
:
:
:
:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Congratulations, arismomkoofie!!! I hope I'm in your ddc; I would be due on April 8.

:
:

Spiritmomma, I generally consider myself to be an atheist/agnostic, but my experiences this cycle do tend to be almost supernatural; I feel the presence of a determined little spirit trying to exist and whenever the logistics seem to be too complicated and I want to just shrug and say, "Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be; I was just being a silly old lady; time to get back to reality." something falls into place perfectly at just the right moment.

I already have one Aries child, so I would attribute the fortuitous circumstances to Aries babe #2 rather than a power greater than an Aries babe..

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
congrats arismomkoofie! I'm so happy for you!
You know I was thinking the same thing, when I knew my edd would be March 30 -- that my Mom went later with both of us, so why not just join April?
As it is now, I am hoping to be a part of the April ddc too!

I don't know how you get them to create the section, besides patience!

I am so happy for you!

H&H9 for you!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Congratulations, arismomkoofie!!!

: Frog, I have my fingers crossed for you guys.
:

Come on Girls!!! Let's get those

Hugs to all,
Me

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Yay arismomkoofie!

Please move me to Waiting to O. I got my period around 11 this morning and promptly went to sleep on the couch, where I remained until Bat Girl (the best friend...) called to check in--I'd skipped church when there was spotting and had left her a message letting her know what was going on so she wouldn't worry.

I really do think that I conceived this cycle and it didn't stick, for whatever reason. In the 15 cycles I've charted, this one was by FAR the longest--four days longer than my longest, and ~7 days longer than my typical cycle.

We briefly kicked around the idea of skipping a cycle in order to see what my ovulation date would be and to avoid having my mother's birthday possibly be the birthday of our child (abusive childhood...), but bagged it. We're going to go for it.

We're going to do an at-home IUI (assuming I can get it scheduled with the midwife we found who does them), so we'll need to change donors. We're feeling very positive about the whole thing (in spite of the really intense cramps I'm having...).

I believe very much that our children are out there, and it's a matter of us finding one another when the time's right. This wasn't the time, and we're good with that.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Oh Frog, I'm so sorry.

When my teenagers were coming along, I was advised to wait to tell everyone and shout it from the rooftops until the first trimester had passed safely, because 1/3 of all human pregnancies end in early m/c. Now, with our more sensitive tests, peeonastick.com lists that figure as 50%.

I've never heard of at-home IUI even being possible, so I hope you feel comfortable sharing your experiences where I might read them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frog & Turtle

I am glad you can be so positive about it. I remember the month that I was sure -- had signs, etc, and it didn't work out. I was positive, but also hurt. Glad you have a supportive network around you! And you have one more cycle to learn from!

I do believe this is our month, and in 1 week I'll be at an ultrasound to see how the follicles are coming along... Hope this month is everyone's month!

(updates are done to here)

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Frog, I'm sorry
I had the same thing happen to me last week too, it's heartbreaking. Maybe we both will have late April early May babies instead?

Arismomkoofie: Congrats!!

1 - 20 of 166 Posts