Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~*The One Thread: November 13th-19th*~​

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I am at work again :yawning: . Hope all is well...

Good night, Mamas!!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Hello mamas,

Glad to be a part of the clan!
(Although I wouldn't mind leaving either!)

Wishing you all a happy week!

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
I'm officially now in "waiting to know." We tried last night and tonight, and will again tomorrow night just for good measure. I am not charting, only going by ewcm this cycle. I think charting would stress me out, plus I have a cosleeping nursling so I imagine it would be hard logistically.

Anyway... cross your fingers for me mamas!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Pycelan the thread looks great! Here's hoping the threadkeeper magic will work for you!!

twilight- take care of yourself through this trying time.

blissful maia-
happy week to you, too! I also like the term 'concious conception' just yesterday I had a man (go figure lol) respond in quizzical awe that we had planned our children. "Really?! How do you *plan* your babies? Mine just all happened (he has 10
); no planning, just lust." At least he is honest lol.

I have a naive question regarding insemination
: how do you choose a donor? is there an agency? you always use from the same donor? and what about the fresh 'stuff'- the donor *ahem*
: well I have some euphemisms for it, but not sure I should post them
right there, then hands you the cup or whatever? oh boy I just don't get this lol
and the donors... they know they are about to well, to become a daddy of sorts? ok, obviously, what else is that stuff for??
any insight will be appreciated, as I am just going to hush now

Ready to hear about my great weekend so far? The multiple times per day poas OPK worked well! Able to track that surge
I still hadn't decided if I would ask DH to use protection or not when I had some tummy trouble right when we finally had some alone time (
doggone IBS errrrggggg) and figured that I wasn't really in the mood any more and for sure DH wasn't since he had to wait for me. So I figured the IBS had made my decision for me, we'd start trying next month. DH ended up waiting up very late for me (have I mentioned he's the best?
) and I would like to tell all but let's just say it was a wonderful evening/early morning
I knew as of this afternoon that I Oed this morning. Which is nice because it means my body is still like clockwork
and that predictability will make our actual trying next month so much easier. I have this simmering excitement that there is a small chance, however small
, that some little swimmers may have made their way to their destiny- withdrawl isn't all that effective as a contraceptive method, right
and that at this very moment ----egg---->
<----swimmers--- this scenario is occurring
Go swimmers, go!!
So I am kinda sorta actually Waiting To Know
, but totally ok giving it a real go in about 26 days
Meanwhile, I'm going to order DH some nutritional supplements, keep charting, and buy some more OPKs, some pg tests, and some robitussin for next cycle. Oh yeah, can't forget more pre-seed

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sierratahoe: Have you in both spaces...
:

Have moved everyone up to this post...

Hope all you mamas are sleeping well... :yawning:

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Good morning all!

Thanks for starting the new thread, pycelan!

sierratahoe: Our donor is from an annonymous sperm bank. . . www.cryobank.com . . . They have an online catalog, and you enter in what you're looking for (height, weight, skin tone, ethnicity, hair color, eye color, college major, etc.), and it shows you which donors match up. Then you can read essays that the donors have written and view their medical profiles (they also have baby photos of the donors, personality tests, staff impression reports, and audio interviews). The sperm is shipped frozen in liquid nitrogen (ours travels all the way across the country). We picked our donor by first trying to match dw's physical characteristics, and then just reading through all the essays to see which guy sounded most like we'd like to be friends with him. We are using the same donor this time too, so our kids will be full siblings. We will probably never get the chance to meet our donor. He's still pretty young--23 now--so I don't know how much he's thinking about the fact that he is now a "daddy" of sorts to many children (we are in contact with 4 of the half-siblings through the online donor sibling registry). Using fresh sperm is a very different experience. There are more legal things to work out, and the sperm is in much better shape (having not gone through the process of being frozen and thawed), and it's usually FREE (sperm bank sperm costs as much as $250 a pop, and shipping it costs close to $200). We didn't know anyone who we would feel comfortable asking, so the decision to use an annonymous donor from a sperm bank was pretty easy for us. HTH!

My nipples are a little sore this morning, but it could very well be due to the fact that both of my children were molesting me ALL NIGHT LONG. This morning when I finally became concious enough to address the situation, I told ds to stop touching my nipple. He responded "it's my dinosaur!!" I said, "it's not your dinosaur, it's MY NIPPLE." He said, "well, I think my dionosaur's under there!" Needless to say, I'm feeling majorly touched out at the moment!

Anyone testing today? Looking forward to seeing some bfps this week!

Lex

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, my shift is over
and it is time for bed :yawning: . I will get up around 4 pm today, so I will update any posts then. Just wanted to warn everyone so you wouldn't be waiting for me all day if you want to be moved.

Have a great day Mamas...
to you all!!

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Ok so i guess i am now waiting to know..

but i dont know if i have hopes for this cycle or not...

My donor is fresh... we have signed a contract... he does his thang and then i do mine... and he is fully aware and does not want to be a part of the childs life at all... and we are happy with that.... i chose this route because fresh is better and no one i know was willingly wanting to give me a child and have nothing to do with the offspring...

theres not much to it i guess..i chose mine because he was nice.. has a good personality.. and passed the dd test.. if your a man and my dd likes you..u have a great character cuz she doesnt like men (abuse issues)...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Somebody talk me down, please.

This is my first experience with internet HPK strips from early-pregnancy-tests.com They are the dip strips--with the blue on the end.

Yesterday I think I got what is known as a "evap." line. It was snow white at 5 minutes, even 10, I think. Then about an hour later I saw a sort of "ghost line". Not colored just a shadow sort of thing. Right evap. How exciting. Never had one before.

O.K., so today I take another one. At 2 min, nothing. At five minutes I'm holding it up to the light, turning it at different angles,etc.
I "think" I see a shadow. No....just my imagination. I put it back down. But.........I look again at 8 minutes. I think I "do" see a shadow...sort of pink? Evap. again. Only darker? And earlier? Urgh. Now at 15 minutes I can see it. A pinkish shadow--right where the line would be. So, in a nutshell: it wasn't there at 5 minutes, but was before 10. It is slightly darkening as the minutes go by. Damn, my hubby is still sleeping or I'd ask him if he saw it. I know he would, though. It's sort of like yesterday's evap.....only darker and pinker and it came earlier. Is this how evaps. work? I do not want to get my hopes up all day only to get AF tomorrow. Talk me down from this. Tell me it's an evap. and to get over it.
:

I once had an OPK test strip be "almost" positive at the time limit. As the minutes went on it became positive. Four hours later it was blaring positive. Can HPK's work like this too, or am I dreaming? For those of you who have gotten those really early hardly there at all positives: how did it happen? Did you see it right away?

Here I am asking for people who got positives to chime in so I'll have hope.....I was supposed to be asking everyone to tell me to give it up!!!

Dee

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
MamaDee4- I don't have an answer for you, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it wasn't an evaporation line! Good luck

I'm trying to decide if I O'd last night. My temp spiked this morning, but not a whole lot. We did the deed just to be safe

Can you guys tell by looking at my chart?

Good luck everyone!

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
ok I disgarded yesterdays temp because my temp was down to the low range again this morning. I knew it was a fluke from sleeping too long. Even though, we are doing it like they do on the discovery channel so it's all good.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Hey, everybody!

CD 23 here, still "waiting to O" goshdarnit. I'm going to have to try and assault DH again tonight! One thing charting has illustrated for me -- it's no wonder we haven't gotten pregnant for the last five cycles -- we were having sex at the wrong time. I actually had to take my temp twice this morning... the first one was clearly wrong so I took it again right away and it evened out with yesterday's.... which is so not what i was looking for. I want my temp jump! All of these assaults on DH are stressing me out.

mum2be - I looked at your chart, but I'm not really good at reading them yet! I hope you Oed and timed everything perfectly.

MamaDee4 - wait a day, test again, and I hope you get a BFP!

Tricia80 - super good luck with your insem. I'm glad sierratahoe was nosy, because I was going to ask you the same thing. I've never heard of a live donor before, but it's cool to know that they exist.

lexbeach - your boys are so cute! My son is obessed with dinosaurs, too. I totally feel your pain on the molesting issue. With my son, it's pinching my face when he goes to sleep, or wakes up and needs to go back to sleep. The whole time I'm going, "OW! Quit it. OW! Quit it." Good luck with your insem, too.

sierratahoe - my parents have five kids, only one of which was planned. I got pregnant with my first so easily, my mom told me I'd need to be really careful not to have too many kids. HA! Seven months later I'm still TTC #2. Good luck next month with your first real TTC cycle.

pycelan - Thanks for the new thread and get some sleep! Gotta love the night shift (four year veteran here, now I work evenings).

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora114
ok I disgarded yesterdays temp because my temp was down to the low range again this morning. I knew it was a fluke from sleeping too long. Even though, we are doing it like they do on the discovery channel so it's all good.
Sleeping too long can give you low temps? Well, no wonder mine was low this morning - I went to bed right after work because DS was awake when I got home. Tonight should be a more normal night where I'll go to bed around 2:00 AM. That explains it -- I am sure I Oed either on the 11th or the 12th, and I didn't get why my temps weren't reflecting that. Thanks!

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
no sleeping too long can give you HIGHER temps. *at least it did me*

Yesterday I slept in till 9, instead of waking up at the customary 6:30 am and the temp was 98

Today I woke up at my customary 6:30 and my temp was down. So I know yesterday was a fluke due to sleeping in

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
You can adjust your temp for sleep disturbances. Waking up earlier than normal will give you a lower temp, and later than normal a higher one. For every 15 minutes outside of your normal range you move the temp 1/10th of a degree. Down for sleeping in, and up for early waking. FE: If I normally sleep till 6:30, but I wake up at 7:30 with a temp of 98.0, I would adjust that back to 97.6.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Well, crap. I took my temp at the same time, but I'd gone to bed something like 2 hours earlier than usual. I am half asleep when I take my temp, and I had positioned it incorrectly on my first round this morning, the second temp (taken right after) looked more realistic, but it hadn't gone up, which is what I was expecting. Makes me wonder how many other temps I've screwed up. I guess if I really want to be scientific about it, I should take 10 temps in a row, 5 on one side and 5 on the other and then average them together and record the average on my chart. I'm sure I can write an Excel program for that.

Why yes, I am a geek. How did you know?

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Ok Mav, can you do the math? I'm mathmatically impared

Yesterday I woke up at 9 my temp was 98 even, I usually wake up at 6:30

Today I woke up at 4am and my temp was 97.4

Thanks!!!!

Pandy who has Dyscalculia and isn't helped by sleep deprivation

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Re: temp correctors - FF has a calculator that will do it for you. It's called the temp corrector (or something similarly original) and is in your menu.

Lisa - how are you taking your temps? It almost sounds like you're taking them under your arm, which is really really inaccurate...hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm still here, hanging out, waiting for AF to show. (With my luck, she'll show right before my Pap appointment on the 21st.) I'm calling the RE tomorrow to 1) see if they take singles and if yes 2) to make an appointment. Woot!

1 - 20 of 282 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.