Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My twins are a month old and until now things have been going pretty well (with the exception of breast milk jaundice). Yesyerday they started nursing pretty much non stop. We barely slept the night before and they were alternating at the breast all day. By the end of the day my nipples were pink and sore. My left nipple is worse. It HURTS to touch and I have only been able to nurse a little onthat side. Their latches are ok (I think). My dd sometimes tries to slip down the nipple, but I always take her off and readjust her. Yesterday did not seem like she did it any more than usual though. With the exception of the constant nursing, it was a normal day. Today my right side feels ok, but my left is still very sore. They seem like they wantto nurse all day again today.
What went wrong that I am inso much pain?? And more importantly, how do I fix it?

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
maybe try a different position.

I'd imagine that you might be more sore with twins than a single because you don't get quite the rest that we all get between nursings.

Are you seeing a lactation consultant or are you in contact with an LLL leader? I'd suggest that you do see one of those people if you've not already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts