Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just signed DS up for school in the fall.

It isn't quite as spiffy as the one we couldn't afford, it's in an old converted catholic school building that closed over 2 decades ago (and coincidentally my mother attended around 60 years ago.) Their equipment is well used and what not, but that shows that they are very careful to keep it usuable year after year. It's bigger (they have 7 classrooms in use) than any of the other schools we looked at too so I'm sure that keeps over head costs down.

The important thing is they are incredibly nice and flexible. They kept talking about how each child is different. They don't just have a single school wide drop off policy for all students, they have multiple strategies and told me that it would probably take a little time to figure out which works best for DS. They are very easy going about the potty thing and accidents. (It turns out that I could have just left him in diapers a little longer actually, but since we started down this road when I thought he might be going to the other school that said no lovies I'm not putting him back in diapers now.)

I was nervous about sending him without him seeing the school first, but then DH wanted to see it and talk to the administrator befor giving them a check, so we went and visited again as a family, and DS loved it (DH was happy too,) so we are all signed up.
:

· Registered
331 Posts
Glad you found something that will work for all of you and your budget too!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.