Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have vaccinated your child for the flu, are you okay with having this kind of information intentionally kept from you?

·
Registered
312 Posts
That information is on the CDCs website.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/febrile.htm

"On a separate note, during the 2010–2011 influenza season, CDC and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) conducted enhanced monitoring for febrile seizures after influenza vaccination because of reports of an increased risk for fever and febrile seizures in young children in Australia associated with a 2010 Southern Hemisphere vaccine produced by CSL Biotherapies (up to nine febrile seizures per 1,000 doses). Because of the findings in Australia, the U.S. ACIP does not recommend the U.S.-licensed CSL Biotherapies' trivalent inactivated vaccine (Afluria) for children younger than 9 years."

Look, I don't think the CDC is forthcoming about everything, and I definitely believe there are conspiracies around our healthcare system, but posting a photo of the clipped portion, without showing everything else and claiming this is untrustworthy does no good for those questioning vaccines, especially when a simple google search gave me the information from the CDC . To me, it's just the other side of the fear mongering coin.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I think that is an issue regardless of what may be available on a website. What happens when someone walks into an office a bit uncertain about giving their child a flu vax, so they mention their concerns to the doc, maybe ask to read said insert, and oh wait, part is missing. I think it's also a shifty way of saying "parents and lay people are too stupid to understand medical jargon, therefore remove this portion". Yes most people are aware of how to google. But there is no reason that any medical information should ever be for doctors eye only.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
When we did partially vax, and I was ignorant (not saying vax'ers are all ignorant, but I certainly was) I never once, NOT ONCE, received the insert from any of the chemicals injected into my children. The only thing I received (and this was years ago) was the pediatrician print out about how they will very possibly feel like garbage and be sore, too...just give Tylenol :)

About the original question..yeah, we don't have a lot going on this week..let's do some febrile seizures. It's better than the remote chance of getting the flu.....right???? With my family makeup, we have ONLY four children 5 and under that can get the jab and get a parting gift of a seizure. Then there are the unborn babies...maybe some aluminum and mercury exposure to them in their 14th week...

But hey..it's not the FLU. The flu, I tell ya'..it's like murder.

Reactions: sassyfirechick

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Funny, I just received my annual flu propaganda from my employer, its title 7 myths of the flu shot.
my favorite is:

"Myth: I’ve heard you can get the flu from the flu shot.
The vaccine is made from either an inactive flu virus or with no flu viruses at all. “It’s scientifically impossible to get the flu from a flu vaccine,” says Alan Kohll, founder and CEO of wellness program vendor Total Wellness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are several reasons someone might get flu-like symptoms even after they’ve been vaccinated, including exposure to the virus prior to being vaccinated, exposure to other nonflu viruses, or exposure to a flu virus not included in the vaccine."
So just take your damn vaccines!

bold and highlighted are mine...
The fallacies are mind boggling...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts