Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see Tucker Carlson's show The Situation? My Dh is telling me about how he equated sex and BFing and was just totally ignorant and disgusting about it. Did anyone see it?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I did see it last night and even TiVo'd it just in case I fell asleep waiting for it to come on (I watched it at around midnight or so).
The host, Tucker Carlson had two other panel members there to debate and discuss ideas. One was a liberal woman and the other a conservative man. Tucker brought up the article Rosa Brooks wrote about the nurse-in. He said I am paraphrasing here, "I'm for bf'ing. It's good but a lot of good things you don't do in public, like sex, you don't inflict it on others. There are things about the body that are not to share with others. Doesn't mean it's bad, I just don't want to hear about it!" The woman was laughing at him and said that the squimishness people have regarding NIP is "misplaced" and that the person who is uncomfortable with it should have to hold the "hungry, squalling baby" and explain why she shouldn't be bf'ing. She went on to say "I'm sorry...it's just not gross!" The man, who I thought would be against NIP, said "I'm for breasts!" and that it's not impolite nor is it "p.c." to suggest NIP is not okay. He said that the bottom line is that bf'ing is the best for babies! Other then Tucker's comments it was pretty good. Oh, and the last thing Tucker said is "I guess the bottom line is don't mess with a lactavist!" That's right, Tucker...and remember that! :LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts