1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Food for thought:

Why are breasts sexual?

Because men are attracted to them?
Men also find beautiful eyes attractive, or nice legs... should we cover our eyes and legs in public?

Because they are erogenous?
Many women are turned on by a kiss on the lips, or soft touch of the ear... should we cover our lips and ears in public?

Just a thought....

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I read, a very long time ago, that human breasts have evolved to be sexually attractive.

Human breasts stay full even when we're not nursing, unlike other primates. There's one theory that full breasts mimic the buttocks and draw the eye from the genitals to the face.

I don't know what to think about that, but that's what I read...

I like to think my whole body's erotic and not just specific spots.

Why do we seem so concern about the either/or issue of breasts and sexuality? Why can't they serve a dual purpose?

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I don't have a problem seeing breasts as sexual. They *are* sexual. They develop as a secondary sexual trait and their fullness signals sexual maturity. Men are wired to respond to that.

Plus, they're soft and nice. Who wouldn't want to cuddle them?

And they're chock full o' erogenous tissue. While it's nice to think of the whole body as erotic, and I do like attention all over the place, I definitely think of my breasts as more sensual than, say, my elbow or the calluses on my feet.

Who was it here who said that we don't have a problem thinking of mouths as sexual and functional? Why can't breasts be the same way?

My problem is when people only focus on the sexual nature of breasts, to the exclusion of all else. I also don't like the prudish sexuality that our culture exhibits.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by funshine
Who was it here who said that we don't have a problem thinking of mouths as sexual and functional? Why can't breasts be the same way?
That was me!

My point was that most people don't have a problem distinguishing when my mouth is being sexual and when it is being functional. I wish the same could be said for my breasts.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my point being that breasts ARE sexual in a way (with other functions of course) but that so are all body parts in one way or another, so why are we asked to specifically cover our breasts?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Breasts are very sensitive and bring many women pleasure when rubbed, squeezed, licked, sucked, nibbled, pinched.... I'm getting too graphic here.
They are also soft and quite beautiful, probably because they symbolize the mother-child relationship. While men may not think this as they ogle women, I'm sure that has something to do with the cause of their attractiveness.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed. I believe the link to maternal nature is the reason men are naturally attracted to breasts, it's just sub-concious.

And I'm a weirdo-- I hate having my boobs messed with during sex!

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe, i went from barely a B cup to almost a DD cup, and sometimes I grab my own boob, just for fun.
I sometimes think if a guy groped me I wouldn't blame him, boobs are fun to play with, lol! And he's not fortunate enough to have his own. But I still don't like the whole nipple stim thing during sex, I find it distracting.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Breasts are sexual because they feed babies... because babies are the result of sex...

to the Rabbi who thinks wives owe their husbands a pair of play knockers at the baby's expense - here is the score dude- Wives come equipped with titties for babies... you find her titties attractive because it underscores her ability to feed your babies... so to have a little tantrum that her baby (gasp) is using them for what g_d intended- DOH!

·
Registered
509 Posts
In more primitive societies breasts are not considered sexual at all, just for feeding babies. I always thought breasts were sexualized in western culture because of too much formula feeding, and men were denied the boob as babies.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tis possible. I forget what country it was, but an anthropologist told a group of women that in America, breasts are part of sex, and they said "What?! You mean the men suck at the tit like little babies?!" They thought it was HILARIOUS!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ummmm - breasts have been sexy for centuries (way before formula). Think of the word decolatage. French for sexy boobies a la 1700's Versailles. (can you tell I am edumacated) This is an old argument.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well still, it's a cultural thing. In some cultures breast are not sexual in the least! Of course, I don't think my DH would like my breasts as much if they were national geographic boobies either!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I was just wondering this today at the park. Because I was watching some guys play frisbee with their shirts off and I was thinking to myself "Why can guys do that, why are guys breasts not seen as sexual? If I ran around catching a frisbee with my shirt off I would be reported by cell phone to the police by, I would bet, a dozen people at least. And even if I expose my breast to nurse my baby son I am considered by most people in the country to be doing a gross sexual act that should only take places in a dark corner or under a blanket. Why are my breasts sexual? Why can't they be for sex when I am having sex and for feeding when I am feeding and for nothing when I am doing nothing? Why can't I go topless in the park?"

I have no answers, only questions.
:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Quote:
I believe the link to maternal nature is the reason men are naturally attracted to breasts, it's just sub-concious.
That makes a lot of sense, in the same way that curving-out hips are attractive (=woman built for childbirth)

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, it's probably just the same reason women are usually more attracted to muscular men... they come across as more able to provide. Natural selection, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.