Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had hoped to be able to sell my diapers when dd outgrew them, but it looks like most will end up donated or on FFS threads
. most of my prints have grown holes in the outer fabric, most have tears near the snaps, binding is looking sad and eaten away. . .:cry the PUL on my beautiful HH prints has cracked. :cry they all still work, but they are NOT pretty!

i think its the dryer doing it, but i have no place to hang them. i hope when we move next month i'll have a patio or something that i can line dry them on. this place has nothing
:

okay, i'll end my rant/whine now. thanks for listening.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Most of my diapers look like crap once I'm done with them, too. It doesn't help that we use the pf's for paint rags, kitchen counter moppers, and whatever else they turn out handy for..... but yeah, I hear ya. There's no way I could resell ANY of my diapers. I'm just too hard on them. I see diapers that I've made & sold up for sale on e-bay & stuff all the time, and they always look great...so it's got to be me, and not the dipes!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Sorry to hear about your diapers but wanted to let you know you dont need to hang them outside. I never do unless I am sunning stains out.

I have one of those folding wooden dowel racks -- they are about $10 or $12 at Lowe's or Wal-Mart. It folds flat when not in use and doesnt take up much space when errected. I can hang a whole washerload of diapers, covers and accessories (doublers, liners, etc.) on it.

I dont put any fleece or PUL in the dryer at all -- goes strait on the rack. I put hemp and cotton in the dryer for about 30 min then hang -- this way its not cruchy but I dont have to keep it in the dryer for 2 hours!

Just some tips for your next round of diapers!

·
Registered
314 Posts
With our first daughter, we never really had anything that great, but I never put the covers in the dryer....I would:
Hand them on the mantle, the shower rod, the top of a door..anywhere if I couldn't put them on the porch.

Sorry to hear about your dipes. Sometimes I wonder when people are selling theirs how they managed to only use them 5 or 10 times? I used to wash about everyday or when I was lucky every 2 days. I bought them to use them and didn't really think about resale, since they were the Gerber ones, etc. Nothing that special

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I agree with NOT putting covers, esp. pul, in the dryer. I also tumble my hemp and fitteds on med. gentle.
((hugs))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.