Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what a relief!!!!

I run a homedaycare, but was supposed to be without clients from next week Thursday, until mid-July....then last week, the mid-july start client nearly flaked out on me until I came to a compromise on rates (a compromise I could live with - I really hate devaluing myself, yk?)

Anyways - today a woman who runs a daycare in the neighborhood but is closing it and returning to work came to check me out. She called later that afternoon to let me know that not only did she get the job, but she wants me to watch her kiddo starting 5/11!

THEN - another potential client (who happens to be a neighbor that just bought house down the street!) emailed me to let me know that they're for sure in for THEIR new baby too! (who will be opposite days as the july start client - one of them m/t the other w/r/f) AND, she works for 6flags (and we live not 20 minutes from a flags) and she offerred us some free tickets in a few weeks!!! We haven't taken the girls yet even though we've been wanting to bc it's SO expensive!!!

Oh - and also, the woman closing her daycare is plugging me in her letter to notify parents, so I bet I fill the final slot before the end of this week!!!! I'm so excited

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
That's awesome news! Isn't it great when things just fall into place like that?! It'll make the summer go by even faster for you, I bet

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No change

I'll have my 7 year old in grade school, my 3.5 year old in preschool 2 days a week as well as a 3 yo client in a DIFFERENT preschool 5 afternoons per week, my brand new baby AND a 4 month old client.

Should be fun!
I'll likely change for the remainder of whatever week the baby is born in - but that'll do it. After that, I'll ask my MIL and Mom and Husband to help out for a couple of weeks until I get my feet on the ground again, but I'm an old hand at this - I had several little ones when Grace was born too.

My only hope is that the baby is born in early August, before my hubby goes back to work (he's a teacher), that will buy me a little time and make figuring stuff out easier.

OR, I could hire someone for a couple of weeks to cover me while I'm at home, just not ON. I would sure be nice not to have to trek everyone around within a week of giving birth, yk?

It's the price I pay to stay at home with my kids. From experience, I can definitely say the grass is greener here for me - no matter how difficult it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.