Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering about the microfleece on my SP. I got three of them and am wondering if maybe they're not absorbant enough for my baby. The fleece is always soaking wet when I take the diaper off. I cannot see how it will keep him dry. Am I doing something wrong? Do you suppose the absorbancy is used up and so the fleece then gets sopping, as well? I usually change as soon as he's wet, but when we are out, I change when I can (never more than 2 hours). That's why I wanted the stay dry effect--for my outings. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Does yours have a layer of microfleece on top of the hemp? If no, then your baby's bum will not have that magic 'stay-dry' effect. If there IS microfleece on top of the hemp, then it will be a colored fabric, not the natural no-color of hemp. HTH.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
If the diaper itself is at full capacity, it will be as you suggested... the microfleece on top of the soaker (if there is microfleece on top, good point, Terri) will become soggy, as there is nowhere else for the pee to go. But what does the fleece feel like when you change after, say and hour and a half? Is it dry? Is it dry when the diaper is not fully saturated, or is it always soggy? Sometimes fleece will be soggy for a couple of minutes right after a baby wets. When the urine has a chance to make it's way through, the fleece then dries out, though.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I will often put a doubler (not fleece topped underneath the snap in soaker on my sugarpeas to provide extra absorbancy (at night for instance).<br><br>
HTH<br><br>
Steph

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm relatively new to cding, but the first questions that came to mind are:<br>
-are you putting fleece on fleece?<br>
-do you have build-up on your fleece?<br><br>
HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts