Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! I haven't been around much this summer, but sure missed this place! Anyways, since it's been awhile, I thought I'd put a little update, just in case anyone missed me (hehe!)

Remember I was planning this awesome study abroad in Germany...but had gotton overwhelmed after agreeing against my better judgment to have my mom accompany me as the girls' sitter while I had 12 hours of class a week? Well...my sister decided to come, to, and things in our family got worse and worse...there was not one converstation that didn't end in an argument, not one boundary that I could keep without being ridiculed and manipulated and criticized, and I had to make the really, really tough choice to cancel the trip. I had actually started looking for someone else to either come with or watch the girls in Germany, and then had a horrifying moment "What am I doing, sacrificing my kids' safety by possibly putting them with a stranger just for the sake of following through with this?" It was so hard to cancel it, but I'm very glad I did. There's still some hard feelings with my sister...my mom and sister still went, and really enjoyed traveling around, but she'll never forget it and feels put out (not that I ever asked her to come, asked for her help, relied on her, etc. but still, she was "doing it all for me")

So our summer was definitely not as planned...though it still had some great moments. My civil rights road trip class was a life changing experience, the girls spent three weeks with their dad (separated, not consecutive) and really enjoyed it, with no problems AT ALL (thank you attachment parenting for making my girls so secure!) I got some "me" time as well, and have a good fall planned...the only real negative repercussion is that I may have to spend an extra semester in school after having lost the credits for this summer. But it'll all work out for the best. Oh, and ummm...since I never feel comfortable bragging in real life, but you ladies will respect what an accomplishment it is...I'm ranked 3 out of 204 in my law school class. I kinda feel guilty at times, being a single mother and doing it all so well...but I'm not complaining!!!

Finally...I met someone who we slowly built a friendship, then bam! Amazingly crossed the line to lovers...and I've had every expectation and dream met and exceeded. It's still really new, actually just a week since crossing that line! but he spent the day with me and my girls this week, and it felt so natural and wonderful, and I'm just enjoying the moment for what it is.

So, guess this is a very positive update after all!

Peace,
Jennifer

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
I just have to say congratulations and rock on! with your law school class rank!!! (I was 4 out of 158, then slipped to 13 by the time I graduated.) And yay on meeting someone.
that's too bad about the trip to Germany, though. It sounds like you did the right thing by cancelling.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I'm sorry you didn't get to go to Germany and that things are rocky with you and your family but it sounds like you had a wonderful summer in spite of the travel plans falling apart. I really believe that things happen for a reason and maybe you would not have met this wonderful man if you had gone on your trip!

I'm really happy that you've found a great guy to spend time with! He sounds great - good for you, you really deserve a nice guy! CONGRATS on the class rank mama!! That is quite an accomplishment!!!

Don't be silly, of course we missed you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.