Votes: 7 12.3%
  • The Mother Trip: Gore

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Easy To Love, Difficult to Discipline

Votes: 9 15.8%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,873 Posts
I have two favs and voted for the one listed, but the other is not on the list as others have mentioned. Playful Parenting/Cohen got my one vote and my second would be for the write in: Unconditional Parenting if it were an option would get my second vote.

I have read several others that are quite good by the way (Kids Are Worth It, Kids, Parents and Power Struggles, How To Talk...) but if I only could choose two, *PP* and *UP* are it!

The best,
Em

· Registered
1,873 Posts
Still keeping UP and PP at the top of my list and an addition...

Here at MDC,I kept noticing the title: Hold On To Your Kids [why parents need to matter more than peers] and couldn't resist. Asked the library to order it. They did and I've renewed as much as I can. After six weeks with the book, I have to return it tomorrow and I could cry. Its excellent. I've read it cover to cover... twice. And then some.

The three books I love tend to reach the very same conclusions, yet they arrive there in a variety of ways. Each gives its own perspective and together they offer a wonderfully comprehensive look into our children's minds, and important: how we can truly meet their needs and strengthen our families. I can't put one book above the other. My reference section is a horizontal wonder for which I am forever grateful. Can't wait until I've got the extra funds to purchase HOTYK and UP. For now, I've got to keep putting them on hold at the library so they'll get back into my hands at some point, at least for a little while.

The best,
Em

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.