Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post
Chodesh tov mamas!

Come let's have a new thread...it's Kislev!

The triumph of light over darkness, of the weak over the strong, of the righteous over the evil....

Here comes Chanukah!
:

Well here I am. I totally missed the last thread
: We were busy moving (we are now in NJ, going to NYC next month). We both miss Israel, but it was important to come for my parents to show we are "trying" to live in the good old US of A. We are here until June 25, unless by some miricle dh finds a great job and we fall totally in love with the US and decide to stay.

So that is our update. We are all recovered from jetlag and adjusting to life here. This time of the year it is so difficult to be in the US. I hate being in the US in Nov / Dec.
: WAAAAAAA I just wanna go home. Anyway I will try to keep up on the thread even though we are still moving about between NJ and NY, and we are not settled into our own place (read: I share the computer with my dad
) yet.

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by merpk View Post
Right. I had miscarriages before my first (a son) was born, so he didn't have a pidyon ha'ben either. To be honest, they were very rare in my NY community (not the youngest bunch of mothers in the world)
I also had a m/c before my twins, but it was day 33 or something so halachlically I wasn't pregnant. One of the reasons I never found out if they were boys or girls was because I *really* wanted a pidyon, and it was a great motivation to avoid the twin section at all costs. As it was they were girls so no pidoyon here, but if Nechama had been a boy she would have had one (prob. before her bris b/c she was in NICU for 10 days and was also jaundiced).

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Rivka
I totally kwym buying carseats for twins. The difference between the britax doesn't seem *so* much, then you start doubling it. YIKES! We went with radians for Nechama & Rena. They go to 65lbs and the top slots are 18 inches. I figure they won't outgrow them until 6 or so and then I am ok with putting them in a booster (unless you were getting regents there won't be a difference between the radian and the britaxes), and the radians were 179.99 vs. 250 for a marathon. Big difference times 2 (Rivka is still in one of the girls' old Evenflos rear facing). I have heard they can have install isues in some cars, so you may want to check a local store before you buy online, but they instll in my mom's car fast and tight. We are really h appy with them and the girls are comfy too.

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Hey everyone checking in here

We are settling in our NYC apartment, still missing home. Dh is desperate for a job, he's been stuck in the house for over a month and he's really starting to lose it
We have considered making a trip to St. Louis in the spring, I wrote for some info but we never got it. I don't really see dh being happy anywhere in the states, but it might be worth taking a trip.

Does anyone know how to apply for food stamps & medicaid in NY? We have no income and no insurance and it's making me nervous :/ PM me.

TIA everyone

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
so Jacob got diagnosed with autism today.
mama

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
bs"d

Had beautiful healthy baby boy. 3rd candle channukah.

B"H
Mazel Tov!!!!!!

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liba613 View Post
Wow.

I didn't even know that there was such a thread. I tried reading it and hope to join the next one from the start.

My name is Liba and I live in Beitar Illit, 30 minutes south of the holy city.

Nice to meet you all!

Lichtig Chanukah!!
elcome:

We have been to Beitar a few times for Shabbos. It's really nice and peaceful there

WAAAA I want to go back to Israel. I need a ticker telling me when I'll be going HOME

PS can we start a new thread soon??? This one is becoming a monster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.