Mothering Forum banner
521 - 527 of 527 Posts

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikva18 View Post
Back to the discussion about who would take your kids if ch'vsh... well, I spoke w/a friend about it and she said she'd take my kids ina minute. I can't describe how relieved I feel. Now we need to make a will.
Boruch Hashem! I've kept very quiet on this issue becasue it is painful to my family. BliAyin Hara, pu pu pu nothing bad should happen, but,Please even if you don't make a will right away just at least write it in a letter and let a person you trust know where it is. I have been through the nightmare aftermath of what happens to the kids after an unexpected death-when the dead parent's verbal wishes and intentions were not honored in a very sad way(there was no letter or will).
:

· Registered
1,905 Posts
I should be in bed, but I'm unwinding...

We went to a chasuna tonight - I think that this was the first time we've gone out since last fall (as in shortly after the babies were born - so more than a year ago). I hired a 21yr old babysitter who has never met my kids. It was a total bomb. BOMB. BOOM.

Why did they give her grief? why did they give her a hard time? do we not go out frequently enough? mostly, it was my 8 yr old causing the problem. I just don't get it. Lately I've seena little bit of chutzpa coming from him - and I'm at a total loss. But, chutzpa with a stranger? I'm just so floored. I guess I should be floored that he would show chutzpa to his mother.

I don't believe that she will want to ever sit for us again. I don't think that my kids are evil incarnate(chas v'shalom) - they can be a handful at times, but gee...

I asked her also, to have them help clean up - or for her to - just the living room. I came home and it was trashed totally. way worse than when I left.

What to do...

In the meantime, I had her take a picture of us. How can I show everyone here our picture?

· Registered
12,614 Posts
Sounds like an 8 year old to me.
:

I'm sorry though....was the other part of your evening good?

Julie
The key is making sure the person is GOOD at what they do, AND a good fit for your child. I find the older, more experienced OTs to be well, more experienced...caught things that the younger ones I have worked with didn't even see....But like I said, she's in Houston.

521 - 527 of 527 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.