Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TV finally died last night.
We're now TV-free!

Of course, unfortunately The Boondocks finally premiered last Sunday (after 4 years), which is really disappointing.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Well if your happy I'm happy! But I would FREAK if my TV died!
: I hate to say this but ......I am a TV addict and I don't want a cure! But it would be great for the kids to never see it again! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
We only have one TV. It's an RCA from the 80's that SO has had since he was 16. If it dies, we'll go shopping for a new one.....at a pawn shop.

Congrats! I hate TV, and only have one b/c I like old movies.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
ahhh-there's a Boondocks show!

Hmm....darn. Have been without the tube for years, but have one set for dvd's and well taping og the Boondocks.

I have become quite the anti-consumer without the tv and really dont know the people on the mags anymore-lol! Hope its all good for you

·
Registered
964 Posts
It is sort of interestring what happens when you unplug - like Isleta says (hi chica!), you don't know WHO those people are on the mags anyway.

What a relief.

Life fills with other stuff that matters much much more.

And Izzy is right, you aren't such a consumer anymore, at least, your consumption isn't trriggered by their ads so much.

(disclaimer: I don't unplug from the WORLD - I read two newspapers a day - but NO TV. Life's too short to give it over to them. It's ours, after all.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.