Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just reading this now, I'm on page 60. It's a wonderful book so far, I know I won't regret reading it.<br>
Reading about the swill dairies and illness and paseturization as the solution just makes me SOOO angry. Seriously, I can't believe the stuff we've been led to believe! It brings tears to my eyes (a combination of anger and saddness). Ok, sorry, I'm a little emotional about food issues right now because I have just been talking about GMO food with a few friends IRL--one who "gets" it, and one who thinks I'm funny and laughs at me-but that's another topic, for another day!!<br><br>
Who has read it? What did you think of it? Can we have a discussion about it??<br><br>
Melanie

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone read it? I thought it would be required reading around here!<br>
It's about the bennefits of raw milk...very interesting!!<br><br>
Melanie

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I love that book, I recommend it constantly for people who start to get interested in the whole milk scene, raw vs. pasteurized, the politics and history, etc. I should just buy a case so I can hand it out. I think it's the best resource for getting a look at the big picture of this issue. I've probably recommended it here at MDC dozens of times in different threads discussing milk. I think the author does a good job of avoiding the pseudo-science and half-truths that more, um, zealous parties on both sides of the issue usually resort to. IMO, it's a much more balanced treatment of the issue than one gets from either realmilk.com or the opposite side like notmilk.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts